Blooming today..not a rebloom first time bloom.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My brother gave me an iris a year or 2 ago and it has never bloomed...until yesterday. It stands approx. 3-4 tall very sturdy scapes and has multiple buds on it. I think he called it "Immortality" and said it was a reblooming iris. But this is the first time it's ever bloomed......isn't it kind of late???
Any and all comments are welcome as this is baffeling to me!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Very pretty Iris! Maybe thats why it takes so long :o)

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

My Immortality was about 3 years old before it bloomed for the first time, and it bloomed in the fall not the spring, just like yours.

I find that for me it is not very good at spring bloom, but puts on a delicious show in the fall. So far this year nothing!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Well im glad to hear from someone who has the same experince. I was begining to think I had some new type of Iris here! LOL

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Immortality does not bloom as well as my other spring bloomers, but can usually send up a scape or two in fall for me. ANYTHING iris is appreciated at this time of the year!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

The last 2 years she has started 'reblooming' about mid August and continued for about 6 weeks--or until the hard freeze got her buds! Maybe I should go dig her out of the quack grass that is trying to take over her spot and see if she wants to bloom this year!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

My Immortality has always been a good spring and fall bloomer for me.... It's one of my favorite iris...

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Immortality is a wonderful reblooming iris and you are going to enjoy having her around pixie62560. Most years, I do get bloom twice on her. but not necessarly EVERY year. Take a good wiff of the flower. She is also very fragrant too.

Linda

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I did smell her them promptly cut one and brought it inside. It's a lovely smell and most welcome at this time of the year.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Pixie, lovely. I am trying to add Rebloomers. They are so welcome in the later part of the season! If anyone has extra please Dmail me.
Teresa in KY

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.