New Member to this information packed site!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I left this forum and went to the local bowling alley the next day. I am now a owner of a *free bowling ball and a cracked pin! I then went to the local tile comp's and have free assorted broken tiles to work with, along with a tempered round glass table top from the local glass company (not Broken or chipped!) I am still in shock.. I didn't expect this at all.
I sat back down here and read everything again...
I found the thinset and the grout, found the Liquid Nails Clear Seal, and Finally found the Weldbond at the third Ace Hardware store.( I bought the nippers, but I think I like the idea of using odd broken edges in the pattern.)
Okay... Am I ready??? idk

I stalled at this point. I became confused on the use of Weldbond (50/50) or Thinset to coat the bowling ball, or do you use nothing and just glue onto the bowling ball ? It will be used in the garden.
and... has anyone tried to put the bowling ball on a stake? (maybe cementing or glueing it into a finger hole?) Just a thought because some of my plants are tall.
I have Lots of questions on other different projects in mind (using mosaic) but one at a time... I am excited about starting this one!
Thanks for the Wonderful information ya'll provided so far!! BB

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!