Lil hoodlums and serenity

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Had Monday and Tuesday off with great weather so I finally did a little project in the back of my mind for awhile. My glider of peace and quiet time. I sit there and my dogs lay so quietly next to me (which is rare that they are quiet) and all this activity is happening. I have a hummer feeding on the repeat bloom of the weigelias and a little baby bunny (no pics of those two) coming out to eat the grass and loads of birds, butterflies sashaying in the breeze.....beats a martini every time :)

Thumbnail by venu209

A little bird that let me get too close

Thumbnail by venu209

The sunflower garden that the chipmunks (hoodlums) planted without my consent. I think I'll let them do some more garden planning

Thumbnail by venu209

A clematis that has gone hog wild

Thumbnail by venu209

Just a view from the serenity chair!!

Thumbnail by venu209
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful!

A new appreciation of sunflowers

Thumbnail by venu209

Not a great pic but I like the movement. A little Chickadee leaving with his prize seed

Thumbnail by venu209

Thanks Tamberlin. Makes the backaches worthwhile, doesn't it?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Looks great and very relaxing! Does the glider stay outside all the time?

It's new but going to get a winter cover for it. Just came from the scat thread and wondering what I should smoke while relaxing in the pot glider. ooops, got light headed just reading thread without inhaling.

A glass of wine would be my choice.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Wonderful pics! A very nice scene there with your glider and birdbath, just how a garden view should look. I have some sunflowers planted by squirrels here, kinda fun. Just one thing is wromg.You said a little baby bunny, makes him sound cute and nice, there's a monster bunny in there, never forget!

Yes - a very hungry monster too!

I've seen the monster bunny in the front but just the baby in the back yard. I just try to plant enough stuff that I can share.
Victor, I tried a white merlot the other day and decided that would be my glass of joy at the end of the work week. And looks like we have another week of awesome weather coming up :)

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

How peaceful I feel just looking at your photos! How much MORE peaceful it must be to sit there and watch the bees flit from flower to flower, and the birds as you so perfectly captured on camera, and with eyes closed just listen to the breeze and the birds and the cicadas (do you have cicadas?).

Loved the tour.

That's how I feel when I find some time to sit by the pond. The sound of the water, all the plants and flowers, bees, birds, etc.

I don't have the water sounds but the ambiance is so accomadating and and serene after the hub bub of a day at the job. There are no typos in the previous sentence. And funny enough, I am one of those people that love my job and love coming home.

(Zone 4a)

I think your sunflowers are just beautiful.

I love the way your garden goes along your fence! That is my favourite way of seeing them!!! Great job!!!

Thank you Dawn. The sunflowers make me laugh every day. I never knew that some bird food combined with industrious chipmunks could provide such a nice view. Nature at its best, I guess.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Venu, looks very relaxing, great view too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.