Happy Birthday leaflady!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday EvaMae!! Hope it was a fabulous day!!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

EvaMae, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear EvaMaaaaaae, Happy Birthday to YOU! (I don't know how to make those little musical notes, but I was singing to you. I hope you enjoyed your day and did something fun!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

That is a stunning picture, Amanda! DG has a new Coneflower forum, in case you didn't know. I don't get on DG for a couple days at a time sometimes, and miss a lot of info. Lots of interesting questions over there.

The coneflowers are just from a wildflower mix we bought many years ago. We got desperate for flowers there so my dad thew down a wildflower mix and they grew. We tried marigolds, dusty miller, and a bunch of other plants you can't kill in there and they shriveled up and died. Put these in there and viola! Phlox is also in there along with other small plants.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

They are so lovely. They look totally content. Three cheers to your Dad! I thought marigold would grow anywhere. So glad the weather has cooled a bit for you all over at PG and for all our flowers that were suffering. All my stuff has perked back up...

Everything is perking up around here too. Especially us people. lol

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Yes, I've noticed people's dispositions are better, the heat does make me shall I say, less tolerable? after weeks on end over 100.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a good but very busy day. I didn't get off the phone till after 9 in the morning. The children were calling to wish me happy birthday. So I didn't get to PG after all. I had to do some vaccuming, there was enough loose hair in the house to cover a small cat or dog. Then I had to go to town to get my new stove & driver's license. I wasn't home 10 min. when I noticed a car in the yard that looked a lot like Kyle's. I thought he had come to see about installing the new stove. It turned out to be my 78 yr. old brother who had been visiting his DD in Spokane, WA for the summer. He helped me move the old stove & a cabinet out of the way and & get the electrical cord unfastened from the back of the old stove. I had to scrub the floor under the stove. I didn't know the mice had moved from the den into the kitchen. Now I have to put poison or traps or something like that back there. I have to be careful with that kind of thing because of the degus who sometimes get loose and go under the cabinet and stove. I'll have to do some work back and under there to protect them. I must be crazy to go thru all that for 4 little furry rodents that most people, especially women, would kill in a minute.

I need to get ready for work. I've just rested most of the morning. I had to give the utility room a good cleaning. I didn't let old Hogan out in time and you can figure out the rest of the story. But I don't fuss at him. When I'm in my mid to late 90s I hope people will be patient with me if they don't hear me telling them I need to go potty and make messes. I should have put him out at 6:30 when I got up to take my excedrin. That would probably have avoided the messes.

Pepper, I can't grow Lily of the Valley except in a tub or planter & it barely lives there. Our soil kills it. There are several very hardy common plants we can't keep alive here. Soils are different. Dave says it takes special soil to raise hollyhocks and they have become weeds here. My friend Geraldine can only raise them in the pots I took to her.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Sedalia, MO

This message was edited Sep 2, 2007 12:17 PM

Thumbnail by allysgram

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.