USA: Stock up on Betadine and Iodine by Friday, 8/31

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

A very wise woman I know sent this information to me in an email. I picked up a couple bottles this morning at my local drug store. There was a notice on the shelf label stating to Pull it by 8/31/07:

"The government has passed a law on July of this year, making the sale of Iodine products with more than 2.2% iodine very restrictive and requiring anyone selling it to have a special license. The license is very expensive and most businesses will not be getting this license due to the cost. This means that all products containing more than 2.2% iodine will be pulled off the shelf. The last day to purchase products such as Betadine and Iodine Tincture will be August 31, only 3 days away.

As we in the horse and animal world use iodine extensively for wound treatment and such things as umbilical cord disinfection on newborn foals, this rule will affect all of us significantly. Replacement products will probably become available quickly, but if you anticipate the need for such products right now, I would suggest that you go to your local feed store and get what you need now. It will become illegal to sell such products on Saturday, September 1, unless the special license has been applied for.}

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!