Cloves

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

I have this infestation of cloves in my garden.

Was ill for about three weeks, and didn't have the health to weed. Now they are all over the place.

I have tomatos, carrots, and winter squash. My chard, summer squash and zucchini are dead from too much rain.

Any way to get rid of these. If I cannot get a suitable solution, it is all morning labor day, a pullin and a diggin !!!

WJ

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Cloves????

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Cloves come from a tree which probably wouldn't even grow in TX let alone be an aggressive pest...maybe it's clover? If everything else has died already, then a nice pot of boiling water or a spray bottle with some vinegar ought to work just fine. If there are still some desirable things around, then you need to be careful to avoid getting either one of those on the plants you don't want to kill.

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

sorry

clover :)

Aha! Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering if you'd found a way to grow the tree native to the Andaman islands in Texas.

What type of clover do you have? I've been growing clover as a living mulch under my vegetables.

South Dennis, NJ(Zone 7b)

Bees love clover. Rabbits too. If you leave the clover for them, it may deter them from eating your veggie crops.

Dripping Springs, TX(Zone 8b)

I grow it as a cover crop in the winter here. a nice sharp hoe should do the trick.

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

Yeah,

I guess I could lower the chicken wire fence I have. The only veggies I have left would be the carrots (soon to be pulled) and the winter squash - don't think the bunnies will get them.

I will allow nature to work and let the bunnies get at the clover. It is annoying, but we will see.

W J

Just think how much your garden will enjoy the processed clover pellets when the bunnies are through! :)

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

Update:

Me and the boy (5 month old Black Lab) got in there and pulled most of them - except those that are twisted in with the 'maters

:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.