Has Anyone Done Decoupage On Soap?

Troutdale, OR

I was wondering if anyone has ever done decoupage on soap? If you have what did you use for your medium? I read that you can paint on soap using a special paint medium for soap and candles but when painting on soap the paint will disappear the first time the soap is used. I wondered if you decoupaged on soap if the same things would happen as well as how safe the soap would be to use. I would like to make soap with snippets of my poetry on it, graphics I've designed, or photos I've taken to sell at Christmas time. I think that this would be a unique product.

Using melt and pour soap I poured a clear layer and then embedded a picture I printed out and wrapped in plastic wrap. The plastic wrinkled a little bit but not bad. (See image) Alas, the clear layer did not bond tightly and popped off even though I sprayed alcohol on both the clear layer and the plastic wrap before embedding the picture. It stuck tightly to the layer I poured over it. I'm thinking perhaps I should have placed the picture on the soap before the clear layer totally hardened. I'm also thinking perhaps it would have been better to laminate the picture instead of wrapping it in clear wrap. So it is back to the drawing board another day. If I could get this to work the advantage over decoupage is that people who used the soap would still have whatever was embeded in the soap.

Thumbnail by Myoriah
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!