1 year old rubber vine seedling makes good.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I had no idea this might bloom so early....nor that it might grow so much in the first year. But it's apparently got a thing for all this heat and sun that we have so much of out here in the desert.

Thumbnail by azreno
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

That was the best pic I could get of the flower.....well, without climbing onto the roof anyways :o} Here's the whole thing.

Thumbnail by azreno
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Here's where the flower is...on the very top!

Thumbnail by azreno
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow looks great!! Mine is not flowering at all!!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I knew you'd see this over here Marie. It's got a bunch of buds, too. I had no idea it might bloom so young, thought maybe next summer at best. It just took off once it got in the ground early this summer. Funny thing is...this seedling was started by Susie, one I started is not nearly as large. it's not getting as much sun because it's in the c. platyloba.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I will have to go and check mine out when I get home today. It seemed to be growing good but no buds. That reminds me I need to call Shadyway!!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

You never know, I hadn't even noticed buds on mine, just all of a sudden saw the bloom.

My c. platyloba may bloom next year if we don't get another winter like the last, then I'll have seeds and they grow very quickly so it'd be an instant tree. I had hoped for blooms this year :( maybe if I throw some fertilizer on it.....there's an idea lol

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok well I will wait for seeds then. I am anxious to see if I have any buds on mine. It is planted in the back of the house where I hardly go look.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.