Fancy Frills is here.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

After close to 2 years of trying I now have Fancy Frills flowering.

The color is the average light purple/rose with laciniated tips.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

The flower is mostly flat - petals upward a bit. This one is distinguishable by the shaggy bottom alone.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Al, this is very helpful to me to see the profile too. I want to make an echinacea bed, but it is on a slope. Seeing how this one grows, I think it should be seen from above and considering its projected height of 30", this one might be better used in another application in my garden. It sure is pretty.

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

That is very pretty! Two years is a long time.... it's very tempermental?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Al, you should add the profile photo to Plantfiles. It's a great picture!
Sharon

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

It's coming - could of had the first pic too if it would have overwintered.
I made the mistake of buying it originally from Wayside - it was a 4 leaf plant that didn't overwinter. They replaced it with me paying $9 shipping for another 4 leafed plant, that one died too. This one came from Garden Crossing this spring.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Gorgeous color, Al

Maxine

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

Are all Cone flower seeds self seeding? I know that the more common purple ones have comeback and spread from seed for me , but what about some of the newer ones such as Pink Double, Swansdown, Kims Knee hi, etc? I have spread some of their seed around in areas where I would like to have more next year in the hope that they will germinate over the Winter. What do you think the chances are for that to happen? I relize that they will not be the same as the parent, but it should make for interesting plants if they germinate.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Chances of getting some to germinate are pretty good really, that's all I can vouch for.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Love the Fancy Frills. I also bought that this year and it had lots of buds, but they got CHEWED UP!! It's nice to see what might have been. Maybe next year if I stand guard 24 hours a day mine will get to bloom. Eleanor

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.