Welcome!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Because of the popularity of his subject, and the proliferation of threads on strawbale gardening, we've created a forum just for this gardening technique!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Terry, I think we are going to lose a lot of our players by doing this. I know you meant well, but it may backfire.

Did anyone go to part 16 and let them know?

I'll see what I can do to bring them on board.

Jeanette

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, thanks Terry. : )

~Lucy

Olympia, WA

I assure you, Jnette, that your note was MOST helpful and I have now marked this forum as a favorite. I only just recently located these threads and very much appreciate that they have evolved into a forum.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

wannadanc; Thank you for marking it. I don't know if I would have found it on my own.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Guess I should have included that in my post. Sorry. Maybe I should go back and edit it and tell people.

Thanks for letting me know.

Jeanette

If someone can shoot me a link to Part 16, I'll be happy to move it here.

For all those who have participated in one or more of the strawbale threads now moved to this forum...if you posted to any of them, that thread probably is already on your "watched" threads list, so any new posts will pop it up on your "Home" tab.

Ditto for lurkers who added one or more of the threads to their "watched" list. Hopefully that will make it easy for the majority of the strawbale fans to find their way here.

For those who are into strawbale gardening, be sure to add this entire forum to your "favorites" (link to do that is in the upper right-hand corner when you're viewing the forum from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/strawbale/all/

That will make it much easier to get to here and see new threads that aren't yet on your watched list.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks Terry. I'LL try that. I'm not all that computer litterate so I need all the help I can get. ((*-*))

Wake Forest, NC

Terry, I sent you the link. I left it out earlier.

Kent

Thanks, Kent! I moved #16 over here, too.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

This is so cool! I just discovered the strawbale threads last night and was mesmerized for hours! Now this forum is in my "favorites"! :)

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

It does take hours to read it all now, huh SCNewbie. : ) We all love it.
~Lucy

Norwood, LA(Zone 8a)

I am SO tangled up in all the strawbale threads. I want to read all the great information on this technique but have trouble with the hyperlinks, I guess because my dialup is slower than the lines at the P. O.??
Is there any way I can get the text without waiting for graphics to ooze onto the screen? The pictures in individual posts come up quickly but not the instructional links.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

I **think** you can set your IE browser to not display graphics/pics, but it won't be selective - it'll block ALL pics.

Wake Forest, NC

Terry: I see we're missing #14 in the forum.

Can you put it in?

Thanks,
Kent

Here's the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/734190/

All done - thanks!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Maypop, do you re-boot your computer very often? I find that when mine starts getting pretty slow, (slower even for dial-up) that it helps to re-boot.

Mine doesn't slow down so much on the thumbnails, just when I enlarge them.

Jeanette

Norwood, LA(Zone 8a)

Jnette, I do re-boot. My computer works OK for everything except the Hyperlinks. They are much slower than thread screens. I can get them to download but oh, so slow. Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.