Shoulder Injury - Rider vs. Horse vs. Mother Earth

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Ouch! Two weeks ago, competition arena, Chewie tried to bolt out of the arena (twit opened the gate without warning, my big equine monster took advantage). Long story short, a lot of causes, but the final outcome, I landed on my right shoulder. At the time, adrenaline kicked in, and I proceeded with the competition (and did well). Long term, it was miserable.

A few days ago, had another incident where I pulled it too far in the wrong direction, exactly in the direction it was still sore. Outcome? It's back to hurting like the dickens again..... Still bends, full range of motion, but there are some "really stickie spots". Advil helps, but doesn't eliminate the pain.

Called a doctor, appointment is scheduled for next Tuesday. Anything I can do in the meanwhile? I'm afraid they'll just say "muscles, just don't use it." UM! That'll make showering, hair-drying, general hygiene kind of difficult, not to mention continual riding of said horse. Once I'm "up there" & mounted, I'm good. Worst part is getting up there (16.2H tall is a long way to go to get up).

Any ideas? thanks in advance,
-Jennifer

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!