Sunday, Aug. 12

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

Good morning! Lovely day today. My muscles are protesting at every move today. My sister and I went to learn how to put in ponds yesterday. It was a hands-on experience. I would love to have one in my yard, but the kit is like $1200. They guy that was the teacher said that if we ever want to make some money in the summer that he would hire us to help him put some in. He has a business that does this.
I was digging a spot for a cold frame the day before and my back is hurting like crazy today. My cold frame hole looks like I'm going to bury someone there.
Jewel, looks like you will be getting some rain today. I was hoping the clouds would come straight east, but they are slipping south into Nebraska like they have done all summer.
Have you ever tried pickled asparagus. A friend of mine makes it and it is fabulous. No, I don't think I have ever fished in Nebraska, but it sounds nice.
Kmom, you daughter is into Mustangs, my boys are into Camaros and old '55 Chevys. This is big bucks when you start fixing.
DH cut hay yesterday. Hope he just makes big round bales instead of those little idiot blocks as the boys like to call them. Stacking those things is not their favorite job. Especially when the barn is like an oven.
Well, Keep cool everybody. Feels like fall today. I love fall except for the fact that winter comes after it.
Ruth

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!