Help knitting in the round

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

Hopefully you guys may be able to help me out a bit. I'm a pretty new knitter....been getting my feet wet knitting a *ton* of dishcloths, and finally decided to try my hand at something a bit more complicated.

I've been knitting children's hats with a roll brim with DPNs. Not too complicated, and they are coming along very well. Weeeellllll, my first one was a little messed up :) But the second one is much better :)

My problem is joining the stitches when you switch needles. (I hope this makes since...I'm sure there is a technical word for it, but I have no clue what it is). The stitches are looser when I switch needles, causing a noticeable line up the hat when I'm done. I've tried tightening the last stitch, then knitting 2, and tightening those before continuing on with the knitting- which I read should fix the problem- but the tension is still not right.

Any suggestions?

This message was edited Aug 26, 2007 6:51 PM

This thread has 36 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!