I found the motherlode!!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

I was walking around in the woods by my house just looking for more places to find rotting leaves and things. I came across and tree in my way and was going to reach down and pull one of the branches away. It fell apart in my hand. I started to look closer around the tree and there was all this wonderful decomposed bark and leaves etc. It was already compost. I felt like I had found the end of the rainbow. Needless to say, it is slowly but surly (5 pounds at a time) going into my flower beds. If the tree stuff isn't entirely rotted, I can just crumble in my hands.
Please!!! No one tell me this isn't good! It's made my whole month, no make that year!!!
Wish all of you could come walk around the woods with me, because there's more just like it.

Greensboro, AL

I wonder why the trees are dying.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

They actually didn't die, you can tell they were knocked over by other trees, wind or whatever. They aren't very big trees, so I'm sure lim;bs or something fell on them. Or, years ago they could have been cut down. I do know that about 15 years ago the pine on the 15 acres was sold, so probably they were knocked over when they took out the pines. Also, they didn't take anything under 8 inches across, so these were problably some that even tho they didn't take them, they weren't careful and knocked them over. Trees were so crowded here that none of them could really grow

Greensboro, AL

Sounds like you did find a stash of black gold!

Crozet, VA

Great find!!!

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.