Weight Loss Challange August 25 - Sept. 1st

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We are about to exit summer - LOL. At least there is some hope of cooler days in the near future. I'm sure no one will complain about that for a few months. We got about 1" of rain yesterday. A slow gentle shower in the morning then a downpour as I was coming home from work last night. It had nearly stopped by the time I got home. I don't think we got as much as they did maybe 6 miles north & east of us. That is the way it usually goes. But I am so grateful for each and every drop of it. The ground has large cracks in it from the drought.

Breakfast was cream of wheat with unsweetened coconut & almonds in it. Made with milk of course. Now I am sleepy again. I don't know what lunch will be. I have lots of leftovers to get eaten. I need to get my morning meds taken.

I know there is a lot to do outside but I just feel like a morning in bed so I think that is just what I will do. The fibro is acting up in the fatigue arena so I'm going to give in for once. Susan, I have that problem in my shoulder too. Just certain movements are so painful. Mostly now it is just that constant tiring ache. I'm getting to the point that I am looking forward to seeing the doctor on Thursday for my regular checkup. I am sure he will want to do some kind of picture of the arm/shoulder. Then maybe I can put my mind at ease about exactly what is going on in there. Like you, I'm not ready for surgery. Tho right now if he told me it would cure the whole problem I might think about it. Most of the time I can barely lift my whole arm to shoulder level. Then I do some manuvering and get it a bit higher but not for long. As a doctor told me years ago, chronic pain is tiring. I know it certainly was for poor Jack. He almost never had a painfree moment. Even with medication, some of it potent narcotics, he still had some level of pain. I'm so thankful he is free of that now. I use to tell him I would be glad to take his pain for a while just so he could know what it was like to not hurt somewhere if not all over. I saw Kyle playing with little Skyler the other day on the floor and told him how blessed they both were to be able to do that. Jack could never get down and play with the children like that. I don't know if he even knew how to play like most people do with their children. I doubt he got that from his father.

Vic, there was something else you mentioned making that interested me but right now I don't remember it. But the crackers would likely interest me too. I kept telling Jack I would make his crackers for him, but he prefered Ritz type ones too much to switch. Can't blame him. I love my cinnamon grahams.

Anna, I'm doing my leg lifts mosts mornings myself so you don't have to do them for me. LOL. I can't seem to get my torso lifted anymore so I just let that go. My tummy is staying pretty flat just from sucking it it and the leg lifts. Actually, just holding it in helps a lot. And it strengthens the back muscles. I practice deep diaphramic(?) breathing too. I use to lay flat on the bed or floor and stretch my arms out to the side, then lift them slowly either empty or holding a light weight in each hand. When the shoulder/arm heals completely I 'l go back to that one. I can do the waist line twist again tho. So I get some toning in that way. I actually have a waistline now.

I'm going back to bed. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!