Anyone Have A Recipe For Bath Beads?

Troutdale, OR

I found a recipe for making bath beads on the internet but alas they would not hold shape.The only thing I did different in the recipe was that instead of using rose water I used lemon balm water. I would roll the balls and then they would flatten. I tried refrigerating the dough thinking that might help but they still flattened. Finally in desperation I added oatmeal and that was a little better but they still flattened. Although the dough was stiff it was sticky so kneaded in cornstarch which helped some. I finally ended up coating my cutting board with cornstarch and my hands and patting the dough out and cutting with a cookie cutter. The shape seemed to remain and they dried nicely. Have to admit the oatmeal is nice in the bath but would like to make some bath beads. Does anyone have a recipe they have tried?

Thanks!

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!