Flower Clubs

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Wow Karma! That arrangement is beautiful!

I still have to go out and buy some fruit and flowers. I have only one orange left in the house.Maybe I have a box of raisins. Do raisins count? :)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

They are just dried grapes, so I think they would ☺

london England, United Kingdom

Lovely apples Karma ........................ what a cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love it.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone! It was sooooooo easy. All I had to do was upload the picture!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I found it! Fruit is it? Sorry bout the frost on the grapes (straight from the fridge) and I've eaten the mango and one of the peaches, also re-used the leaves and flowers from the arrangement from the cafe. (recycling!)
I know it's not "mind boggling, or think outside the square" but I'd eat it!
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Fruits used, mango, peaches, nectarines, grapes, my last banana, avocados and a minnikin pumpkin

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Sue, I think your arrangement is very colorful, pretty and appetizing. Wouldn't that look great at a party?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

you know, I thought that myself. Next bbq I go to, I'm taking a fruit platter, but of course I'll put a bit more time, effort and thought into it! Thanks Adele, I'm eating the banana on my cereal as I type. It's raining here and I don't know if it will clear up for me to go to work, so what better way to spend the morning than visiting me mates on DG.
Sue

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

I know what you mean. This forum is the best!!!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey weeds, I love it and want to eat it RIGHT NOW! It is delish....

Hi Sue, G'day mate!
BEAUTIFUL, thankyou for bringing your delicious looking platter. Love the dish you have used, it fits so well with the theme, with it being a natural container of wood. Exotic fruits and flowers look so special, I think you arranged them in an interesting way showing the different textures, with some cut for added interest.Thanks for joining the flower club!

Sorry I'm late with mine!! (migrane last night and had to go to bed).
I have the day off today so I will have time to get mine done, and bring it in later.

Where's Star?
Adele, raisins are fine, it's your theme dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi Terri, Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.

This theme is harder than I thought. I can't decide how to approach it.

Thanks Adele, first decide what style of arrangement you want to ... modern or traditional.
For instance, Karma's arrangement is traditional, but she has added a modern twist using the apples.
Sue's arrangement is design based and modern. Hope that helps a bit!
I was wondering, how did the experiments with the dyed flowers turn out?

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

The flowers didn't change colors again. I think the dye was too diluted.
I came across a bowl that I use for fruit. I'm going to use that for the container. I think my approach will be traditional but I really don't know the difference. So when I make it you'll tell me.:)
Have fun on your day off.

Thankyou I will. It's another rainy day here so I'm happy staying indoors playing with flowers, but there's horrible housework to do too! ... maybe later!!

Fruit and flowers.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

I love it! It's beautiful.

Thankyou Adele, I realised that it isn't fruits! only1 fruit. oh dear!!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Are you serious? It's perfect.

Phew thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing your creation.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey Terri, I love it. I would love to pick your brain one day. One question, as the leaves on tulips go down to the base of the flower, do you just leave them attached to the flower instead of removing them? I think the leaves are part of the charm of tulips.

Thanks!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just got in from classes a bit ago.

What beautiful arrangements everbody!!!!!!!!! Looking at them fruit and flowers makes me want to cha-cha cha. Very appetizing!

I'm hanging my head right now in shame. I had gotten some fruit the other day and then got busy on my homework, forgot about the project and ate my fruit for a snack. tryign to stay of f the tater chips and cookies so much. Didn't realiz e what I had done til later. Opps! : ( with it being in the teens the next few days and rainand sleet , don't know if I will even attempt to go to store. I don't do cold so well.

Hi Traci and Star,
Too funny eating your fruit!!!
Strickly speaking you should cut the tulips off at the end of the stem and throw away the leaves!!
I agree with you Traci, the leaves are good and I like to use them!
Thanks for the compliments!
Star, got any lemons or tomatoes..........raisins?!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, those tulips are lovely! But even lovelier in your hands. Love how they are spilling out your unknown fruit. Sue, love your fruit platter. It looks delicious and colorful.

Traci, don't get rid of all the leaves! But do make sure you swish them in water to remove the dirt sometimes stuck between the stem and leaves.

Thanks Karma! The fruit is Honeydew Melon.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hey Star, Great idea. Let's all forget our cares and cha-cha-chachacha!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

I got raisins!!

cha-cha-chachacha!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

O.K. Here is my project, it's 2 in one, pot et fleus and fruit and flowers.

Thumbnail by diggerette
Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

You never cease to amaze me, diggerette. Totally awesome and knocked out two in one.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm so happy you like it. Thank you very much. :)

It's Beautiful Adele! So light and airy, really nice fresh colours and textures. The balance with the oranges is perfect! Thankyou for the theme this week, I thought it was a good idea and you have done a great job!
I think you should nominate or ask someone to choose next weeks theme!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you so much, Terri. Thank you for being so encouraging.
I nominate, Karma for next weeks theme. :)

You are welcome!! Karma eh? ...........oh dear...... ........ ........ it's gonna be hard!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Be very afraid. . .

I'm shakin' in my boots!!!!!!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

This one's for Pupil and me. Next week's theme is. . . .Zen garden. Since this is my favorite type of design, I will try my best to make one. Hope you'll join me.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

ALRIGHT!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Pupil, lemme borrow one of your beautiful oriental vases!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.