How come my tomatoes won't turn red??

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I have been very patient - not sure just when I planted them, I got them at the Ga spring swap- so that would be in mid May. They are tall and healty with bunches of healthy GREEN tomatos. My neighbors all have them to share, but mine are still hard as rocks. Is it lack of water?? Any suggestions??

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

PJ.. I don't know, but lots of mine are turning red and then developing these weird black areas and I know it's not end rot..I do just like my mommy use to.. Cut it off and eat the rest! :) Guess we need to take some pics and go ask the experst in the tomato forum.

Susan

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Good Idea - I didn't realize there was a tomato forum.

Azalea I've been wondering the same thing. My grape tomatos are going full blast and ripening OK, but the large tomatos are staying green forever... I think I planted Better Boy. Please post what you learn.

Drought. Mine are finally turning red after some rain.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Been offlone since last Thursday night - all that wonderful rain finally came,, but knocked out our cabe, TV & phone til tonight . My computer got fried again!!

Anyway, yesterday my tomatoes finally started turning red - so I think that great rain and patience.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.