Norton's / Symantec products

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I've used the Norton's products for about 10 yrs now, and not planning on dropping them any time soon....

but my question is [stemming from the Maintenance topic]

do i need all that to load on start-up?

when my PC first boots, Go Back is loading [and that takes some time.... as i mentioned in the other thread, my start-up time is about 3 minutes]

first off..... What IS Go Back? i'm thinking it's sorta like Windows Restore.... and DO i need it?
It must have been included in some Norton's package I purchased, because i never purchased a stand alone.

and second -- Does Norton's Internet Security always need to be running?
it is my firewall, anti virus, SPAM, etc protection.

when i went into msconfig and turned off 'osCheck' -- then Norton's Internet Security did not load, and cut my start-up time down to 2 minutes.

I do feel very uneasy about having it 'not running' but as Donna mentioned "scare tactics" ... I was thinking that i didnt need the anti virus running all the time.

I use a program called Network Magic that keeps my Network locked and hidden --- but I should still have a firewall up, right?

who knows.. .maybe i'll have to stick with that 3 min load time.

thanks for any advice.....

Terese

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!