But seriously, was Concert going for 2 days, so here they are:

Louise Bennett

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Largo Breeze

This message was edited Aug 20, 2007 2:39 AM

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Good ole faithful Montserrat. Did I also say that she is a 3 day bloomer? This is the one that is usually in my vase :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

peach double. Out of all of my 11 double garden varieties, only one bush made it thru the floods. The bush produces both peach and red, so these two flowers are miracles to me.
Also, after pruning, I noticed that there is still a little bit of green at the edges of 9 bushes. I'm praying that they can recover. Two definately did not make it.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

red double from same bush

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

garden variety pink

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Plum Crazy (a little shy)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Reggae Breeze

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Pretty blooms. I definitely like Louise Bennett. Plum Crazy is another that I'd like to try one day.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

I've got to agree with Brugie on the Louise Bennett - super cool flower, I don't think I've seen this one before. I also really like that Largo Breeze. Pretty pictures, all of them.

I've only got three blooming today - I so wish it would cool down a bit. First is Black Dragon's close-up.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Next is my garden's old-faithful - Cinnamon Girl.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

I guess that I should also say Erin Rachael is certainly been an old-faithful too lately.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Woops, I lied. Here is a 4th.

I had a talk with Tangerine Dream after her last almost all yellow bloom and asked for a little bit more orange. I see she complied today, but barely...

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Karen, My last bloom had more yellow on it and it was deformed as well. I think it may have just been too darned hot.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful blooms today. Cat Louise Bennett kinda reminds me of Silver Memories. Very nice! Karen only 4 today? What gives!!! LOL I still love the Cinnamon Girl. Well, first up for me is "Curly Top" a little brighter than usual

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

And "Lavender Lady" She had twins today but I only took a pic of the better bloom.

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

"Voodoo Magic" finally decided to show

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Mon-Ami

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

"Blueberry Thrill"

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

I know this is the hibiscus show but I thought I'd throw in a Butterfly Plant. My daughter loves this one

Thumbnail by Pizonne01

LOL, hopefully I'll have some more tomorrow, but this heat is just death to buds. I have had SO many buds almost open, then either die or drop off - it's a total disappointment. When I purchased Magic Moments, it only had one fat bud, but I lost it. Same for Pele's Fountain, I've been waiting and waiting for it to bud, and it finally got two ready to open. One is dead, and I'm still crossing my fingers on the other one. Time for Magic, although it has a unique and beautiful bloom, I'm discovering is quite a finicky plant. It sets a lot of buds, but more often than not, they don't open. Hopefully that will change once the weather cools a bit. How about your Chartreuse Rose, Robert, is it finicky too? I've checked for yucky things inside the buds, but there isn't any. I'm thinking it's just this nasty old heat :-(

Curly Top and Blueberry are my favorites for the day, along with Cat's Louise Bennett. Beautiful blooms today. Now for some ice-cold lemonade :-)

karen

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Heres mine all at once!! LOL Lotsa cullah taday :-)

Kyle

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Oh Robert, Curly Top is one I have to get next spring. I love the Blueberry Thrill. Beautiful pictures from everyone.

You sure do have lots of color, Kyle. I love the brown one.

This message was edited Aug 20, 2007 7:40 PM

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

larger pic..

Kyle

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Karen,

Chartruse Rose is very finicky as is Black Jack, Night Runner, Black Voodoo etc... full of buds but they are all dropping. It seems like the want to open but as we all know, DROP. I was really shocked to see Voodoo Magic pull through and even then I was not real happy with the colors. The plants are all green and beautiful. Magic Moments always seem to do well but the buds do pop off easy. They are one of the only plants I have that the 115 degree heat index does not phase. And then there is Magnifique UUUHHHH!!!! Always full of buds partially open and then when you think they will make the show they start rotting on the plant. No Solution as of yet. I have kept the buds dry and do not mist them with the others, but they still drop. It's very frustrating!!!

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Brugie...You will love it!!! Great PICS Kyle!!!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

high heat and humidity will drop buds for sure, when it cools off some they should stop.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

More, more, more.
another very shy Plum earlier thi morning

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

same plum this afternoon

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

black dragon

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

And, once again, a strange Simple Pleasures.....looks like a butterfly, lol

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Robert,
I want Curly Top!!!!!
Also, your butterfly plant is spectacular. I'm in total awe of it's beauty!!!
Karen,
Love Tangerine Dream today....very soft and dreamy :)
Kyle,
what is the dark purple and the hot pink ones? They are wonderful.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here are mine for today--Ring of Fire (2nd day on this bloom)

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And here's Sun Showers:

Thumbnail by ecrane3
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Lavender Lady is calling my name. Well all of them are to be truthful. I need to go out and take some pictures. I have a new camera and I hate using it. LOL. It requires some brain power. If I force myself I will like it I am sure. I just had my old one so figured out I could get some pretty good shots at times. This one I am getting blurred ones too often. So much for an image stabilizer.

You guys have so many. It just is not fair. Kyle, you picked your flowers!!! I just haven't been able to do that. Do you put them in a vase or was it just for the picture?

Oh Robert, my heart goes to you. What a tease they are. I really do not have bud drop here but I do not get tons of buds. I was blaming that on lack of humidity and heat. I have started really foliar fertilizing mine heavily in hopes of many more buds. I will say I have had flowers on a few every single day which is so nice. But very few now on Magnifique. The plants are lush and green and I have been so good about watering them everyday. I usually suck at that part.

My Black Dragon has been a solid color. But it has so many buds for such a small plant.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Liz, your Sun Showers is gorgeous. I may have to get that one again, too.

Cat, she does look like a Butterfly. How cool.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I shamed myself into going out and taking some pics with my new camera. I whined and whined till I could find it to buy and now I am whining because I have to use it. Well I went all the way around taking tons as have lots of things flowering. I got inside and downloaded only to realize I had taken a video. Too funny, showing all my nasty garden secrets. I could be blackmailed with it. LOL

I went back out but still I do not quite have it down how to get clear photos. I did take this fairly decent one of Misty Isles. I have a 6 foot standard of it. I love its great yellow color. Not quite a fancy hibiscus but....................

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

This one is bothersome, my 'Pride of Acadiana. Anyone know what is wrong with it? I hope it not some horrid disease. Just one branch has gone limp with no visable damage to it and no color weirdness to the bark.

Thumbnail by Kell

Kyle, super cool picture! I just LOVE all the colors, plus your grass looks nice too (so unlike mine, which is full of brown spots from my beloved dog, Sadie).

Cat I really like your morning Plum picture, super cool shot the way the flower is opening. Simple Pleasures does look like a butterfly. I took a rose picture the other day that looked like a butterfly too. I was thinking that if I had Amanda's photoshop skills (or even the program, lol), I could morph it ;-)

Kell, that yellow is lovely and I'm just so jealous of your Pride of Acadiana. I moved mine to a shadier area hoping for better performance. It got three fat buds, but so far two have fallen to the ground :-( What is your new camera??

Here's my "butterfly" rose bloom from Hybrid Tea Home and Family.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Cat, the dark plum colored flower is Electric blue(upper right second row from the top.) the bright clear pink is Gwen Mary (upper left second row down from the top)

Kell When you pick hibiscus flowers they will stay fresh and open all day with no water., can even be pinned to a curtain. I pick them to take group pics. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.