Adendium

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

I was wishing for an Adendium, so I bought a couple on the internet last night. I walked into the Hardware store this morning and what did I see? I saw 2 Adendiums. Needless to say, one of them followed me home.

Thumbnail by Teresa_in_BC
Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

Clare will know.... is this a sign of flowers to be, or more leaves?

Thumbnail by Teresa_in_BC
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Congrats on your new Adenium purchase, Teresa! (By the way, there is only one "d" in Adenium!) LOL! Those look like more leaves, but it looks like a healthy seedling! The flower stock usually has a little cluster of buds. You'll know it when you see it. Here is a picture showing some buds.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

LOOK AT THEM ALL!!! Do you have a nursery???

I'm so embarassed. I spelled Adenium right, all over the place, except here! What a DORK!

They really are lovely. I wonder how long before mine flowers. Some of yours look fairly little, yet have fabulous blooms! They surely do resemble the Plumera in many ways. I suppose the bud formation will be similar too.

I love my new little fella. ;-)

LOL, it's okay; no biggie on the spelling;-) I do some editing work so I can't help but catch these things. I don't have a nursery, but I bought a bunch of seedlings a while ago. I'm really lousy at growing them though because they rot on me all the time. I lost my 'Harry Potter' this spring. They should have been in one of my greenhouses, but they stayed on the back patio all winter long instead, and then they got water too early. I always seem to lose a few every year so I'm glad I started out with 20 or so. I got mine off of Ebay from Phil at Cornell University. Here's a link: http://www.snowbeltadeniums.com/ I think he still sells on Ebay if I'm not mistaken. I really like them too, but they are really susceptible to rot if overwatered.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

Nice pic, Clare!

I saw Harry Potter at the online store where I ordered a couple last night. It was very pretty, but I'd ordered already. I got Zaftig Moon and Super Noble Concubine. I go a couple of packets of seeds as well.

Teresa, that 'Super Noble Concubine' has even bigger flowers than 'Noble Concubine' and is really pretty. I'm not familiar with that other one you named, but I bet I know which site you went to. That is a great site.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

WOW! That picture is awesome!

Just out of curiosity, how did you guess what site it was?? Are you psychic too? LOL!!!

LOL, Teresa. That is just 'Noble Concubine.' 'Super Noble Concubine' is supposed to be so much better. I'm guessing from Mr. Ko: http://www.adenium.com.tw/

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got my Ra Ji Nee from Phil (Snowbeltadeniums.com). He lists it as challenging but I have had no problems this far.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Gilmer, TX

Phil is super to work with, have purchased from him for several years. I ordered a couple of plants from him this spring and some seeds. Out of 20 seeds, 19 are up and running. Still have three of the pachys I ordered several years ago. They have never bloomed, but I keep hoping.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Phil has been very good to me also
I have many from him
Both plants and seeds
All are doing well.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Teresa, there is a whole forum here on DG devoted to caudiciforms like Adeniums. A bunch of us hang out there too. And a bunch of us are Phil-fans as well. Check it out. We'll be happy to have you join us. Clare, come and visit too. (I figure since we nagged Terry a bit to give us our own forum, we ought to use it and promote whenever possible. Not that "we" is meant to be exclusive; I myself lurk lots of places on DG, it's what makes DG a great place to hang out).

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Teresa... the same thing happened to me with my adeniums... they followed me home!

That variegated one... 'Ra Ji Nee' is stunning rylaff!

Karen

Victoria, BC(Zone 8a)

Holy Moly! Your Ra Ji Nee is gorgeous! Phil? Forum?
I'm THERE! ;-)

That is beautiful, Lisa!

Thanks, Beverly! I'll check it out!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.