Hardy Heirloom Glads up for Trade!!

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi there,
I am very new to this forum, however, i have been planting and spending too much on flowers for a long time now! I thought maybe some of you might like this unique glad for your garden. i can almost guarantee that your neighbors dont have this one. This glad has been growing(and reproducing) on my parents land for at least the last 35 yrs. They were growing close to an old homesite on the property. With no help from us, they bloom and increase each year. I have found these on an Heirloom Bulb site, they are going for about $12/ plant, if they have them at all. They bloom here in East Texas in late June, early July and stand about 3-4ft tall. they are very striking. have talked with many glad enthusiasts that are amazed by these and have never seen anything quite like them. These are heirloom parrot glads. I am really interested in trading for daylillies or beared iris. Thanks, i hope some of you will like these.

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is another pic

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

These are really beautiful. The only thing I have to trade is a NOID daylily that is young. It has never bloomed and the tags are gone so I don't know what they are.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Do you still have some of these around??.Please send me a Dmail..

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Aggiegirl, do you know the name of these? I ask because I just came across them growing wild today.

Same one, right?
:)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

i know they are a parrot glad. i dont remember the exact name. i will try to find it again.

tracie

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Well, parrot glad is alot more than I knew a few moments ago, so thanks!
If you do find it, I'd love to know.
:)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Is this it?
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/131977/

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

It's a Dalenii Gladiola aka "Parrot's Beak Gladiola". You've got it right Deb.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Growing wild? I have tried to grow this a few times at a cost of 10.00 per corm!!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

LOL. Perhaps I should go down there with my trowel. :)

They do appear to be growing wild, because I have seen them along the road and in empty lots in several places, pretty far flung.

Thanks for confirming the I.D., Amorecuore.

Deb

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

If there is one growing wild somewhere, I'd sure be glad to cover shipping, etc to have one. It is so beautiful!!

Sheri

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

So did you go down there with your trowel?

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

LOL. Yes, I snuck down there and dug out a couple.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good for you!!

Lebanon, OR

aggiegirl

I have bearded iris and would love some those glads in a trade...

D

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

hi,
thanks for the offer. but, right now i am only trading for daylilies. i am pretty much out of space for new plants and my daylilies are my obsession. :)

tracie

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

I don't see "Entrapment" on your have or want list. Just picked it up on the discount rack at the local big box but I'd rather have the glad. LMK
Roxanne

Coushatta, LA

I take care of a cemetery where they grow by the thousands under tall pines at the edge of the forest.

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

cowpea, wanna trade for something? Dmail me.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

cowpea, i bet that is a gorgeous site when they bloom!

tracie

Coushatta, LA

Yes it is. Though they are blooming less do to the shade.

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm still looking for a couple of these. Anyone wanna trade or do postage????

Atlantic Beach, VA

I have Daylilies that I'd be willing to trade for these..are you interested?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.