"Splash"...I took the jump to Houseplants now...

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

All of my gardening is done outside, except for seed starting indoors. Well, I finally made to jump to get some indoor plants to keep my Norfolk Island Pine company..lol. I guess this makes me an official houseplant person! I'm starting small and basic..Kalanchoe, Burro's Tail, Jade, Plumeria, Passiflora, Ginger, Coleus, Caladium..I think that's it. Now...to keep the kids, dog and pillows away!
Trish

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Trish,
Welcome to house plants. The biggest problem I have is Amy my 80 pound dog. She forgets she have a tail when she gets excited. She has knocked plants and many other things to the floor. I remember when the kids were young I was never able to keep a house plant in one piece. Good luck with your new friends.

Welcome Trish! But be warned--it is a steep and slippery slope. I used to have just a few plants, and now....You will be sorely tempted to give away the kids, pets and pillows to safeguard your plants! Though actually, my 85-lb lab mix is the least of the threats to my plants. My husband has a tendency to walk into the hanging ivies, hoya, philodendrons, and ferns, and my 10-lb cat occasionally pushes a plant off a shelf if she's not getting enough attention.
Happy growing!
Emily

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.