Copper Garden Tools

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Has any one else used copper tools, and if so have you noticed any difference to the number of slugs, plant growth etc. or are they just aesthetically pleasing and good to use?

I've just ordered a hoe and a trowel from Implementations after reading the info on their web site. It is very interesting so I thought I would pass on their web site if you are interested: www.implementations.co.uk

I'll report back when I've used them.

Pat

Lovely well-balanced tools with sharp edges - a pleasure to use. Too soon to say whether the slugs and snails have been repelled.

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I find them very aesthetic!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes, I agree, they look beautiful! It's lovely to work with tools that give you pleasure to hold and look at.
I'm glad to see they will quote for orders outside the UK, hope they're not too high..........

It's funny, I've just bought a copper look basket for collecting vegetables and eggs (haven't yet found a woven one that will stand up to the weight), but their's are made of willow LOL. Perhaps I should suggest it to them? *grin*

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Not exactly a tool I suppose? Anyway here is a pic of my copper basket

Thumbnail by philomel

The basket is a good idea, any dirt will fall through the holes. It looks good too. I bought a plastic trug, but it tips up if you have something heavy in one end. Your basket looks much more practical.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Copper gardening tools. Sounds like a good idea.
I could understand if they did lower the amount of slugs in the garden, but the effect would be minimal unless you used them every day, or over a long period.
Being copper are they strong enough? I break garden tools on a regular basis.

Let me (us) know how you get on with them.

On another note, i recently bough the wilkinsword e series tools. They look great and to some extent they work well.The stainles steel is very strong and glides through wet soil. But they are heavy and i would only suggest using them if you are a biggish bloke as they are large too. The foot piece takes some getting used to being central.

But hey they look great!

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

How interesting. The website says Viktor Schauberger is the inspiration for the tools. Yale Professor of Biology Harold Saxton Burr, a contemporary of Schauberger, did research related to that of Schauberger. Photo below is of the Burr family estate, Mansewood, in Connecticut. Burr added the copper roof to the colonial farmhouse in the 1930s. The current owners are from the UK. When I dropped by unannouced last year, they knew of Burr's work but did not know why they had a copper roof on their house nor what a tangle of antennae and wire in the barn were used for. Quite a bit of interest today in Schuaberger, H.S. Burr and another American, Thomas M. Riddick who expanded upon Schuaberger's work with hydraulics.

This company should expand to the USA. There is a market for their products.

Thumbnail by David_Paul
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Couldn't find copper tools to buy any where at the nec!

Sorry folks.

Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.