Salvia Blue Angel

Greenwich, OH

Has anyone grown this type of salvia?Tell me little bit about it?Any pictures?
Thanks!

Hebron, KY

Skimper,

Yes, I've grown Salvia 'Blue Angel' and love it!

Here's a pic of 3 containers I had 6/13/06. Gorgeous blue flowers!

Marilyn

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

There aren't as many flowers on each stem as the other Salvias, but they're big and beautiful!

Here's a closeup of the above pic on 6/18/06

Marilyn

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

A zoomed in closeup of the above pic on 6/18/06

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

An extreme closeup if the flowers, 6/24/06

Marilyn

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

photo looking the other direction of Blue Angel on 6/26/06.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY

I planted a plant or two of Blue Angel this year in a mixed container of Salvias, but it hasn't bloomed yet. Last year I bought 8" pots of Blue Angel tall and already blooming and placed them in 16" pots.

Here's a photo from my patio containers that had Salvia 'Black and Blue' with Blue Angel'. You can see the color differences of the two. 6/24/06.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Greenwich, OH

Marilyn:Very! pretty!I love that blue color.looks nice grown in containers.I will have to get seed to this one.I love!it.
Thanks!
Karla

Greenwich, OH

The color is heavenly!

Hebron, KY

Here's the link to dave's garden on blue angel

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/113774/

Here's a photo I took from my patio of Salvias; 'Blue Angel', 'Black and Blue' and 'Evolution' on 6/24/06.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Greenwich, OH

Nice!salvias.Got to grow these next year.

Hebron, KY

Yes, it is! ;-)

Very beautiful!

A closeup photo I took 6/24/06 of blue angel and black and blue together.

Thumbnail by Marilynbeth
Greenwich, OH

That blue angel just stands out.Stunning!I bet the hummingbirds enjoyed!the salvias.

Hebron, KY

Quoting:
hat blue angel just stands out.Stunning!I bet the hummingbirds enjoyed!the salvias.

Yes to both comments! ;-)

edited to do the quote right......

quote]That blue angel just stands out.Stunning!I bet the hummingbirds enjoyed!the salvias.[/quote]

This message was edited Aug 18, 2007 12:11 AM

Hebron, KY

OOPS! Hubby was rushing me - had to get to get up early and I still didn't get it correct. ;-)

Quoting:
That blue angel just stands out.Stunning!I bet the hummingbirds enjoyed!the salvias.

Yes to both comments! ;-)

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Gorgeous Tubs off Blue Angel, the plants look very healthy:)

Really pretty and healthy looking Salvia patens! I have this one I am growing from a seed, and it is still alive, but not flowering. I wonder if it is just putting its energy into making a root system first, then will flower next year. It's in its second year this year.

Joseph

London, United Kingdom

Salvia patens (Blue Angel is just a nursery name!) should flower within 4 months of sowing seed. Joseph, it really prefers a cool and somewhat shady spot in summer, when it should flower well. In direct hot sun, it sulks.

Robin.

I am moving my container with it in it, Robin, thanks!

Candor, NC

Salvia patens has tubers and often goes into dormancies. At these times, it does not like much water. I think a loose airy soil mix will work best. I'm not sure about its fertilizer needs so far.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.