Remember "Spanish -style" furniture from the '60's?

Tiffin, OH(Zone 6a)

I bought a pair of these chairs at a flea market for $5 - When my husband saw me dragging them down the aisle he said "What the H@## are you going to do with those?" My response was ... " I have an idea!" and his was "Oh, god not that!"
They really were hideous at that time -rusty and with split and cracked gold vinyl back and seat.
I removed the back and seat, spray painted the metal parts flat black, made a basket for soil in the seat area out of chickenwire, lined it with burlap and filled it with potting soil (with time-released plant food and soil moisture crystals) and planted them with annuals. I think they look great! Next year I'll try something viney to take advantage of the tall backs!
The only thing I'd do differently next time would be to make the planting area deeper so it would hold more soil.
As for my number one critic- he ain't talkin'!!

Thumbnail by mwhit
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!