Who's interested in UK Round Robin????

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Ok, so them over the pond have had a go at it, anyone over here intested in a UK Round Robin??

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

sure, count me in! i was thinking about it too. also we should have a uk plant trading thread or even forum, what does anybody else think?

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

I am so interested in both your suggestions, I think it is great to send and receive seeds. Swapping plants would be great too, a much quicker method of getting some plants that I don't have. Count me in.
Carol

This message was edited Tuesday, Aug 14th 2:06 AM

Not wanting to put a downer on more forums but I think the UK forum is slow moving (snails are faster) enough to cope with seed and plant trades soley designed for within the UK and possibly Europe. I don't think there are enough UK and Ireland readers to make is a viable forum.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

It sounds a great idea but I partly agree with Baa. My annuals have been poor this year and I'm also going to have to tidy up the beds pretty promptly, rather than seed-saving, if I'm to keep it tidy in the autumn and try to put in a few more bulbs. My seeds this year are very common ones - foxgloves, opium poppies, probably some nasturtiums. I'd feel happier simply mentioning what I have available when I have something to offer. My flowers from seed have been poorer this year than last.

oh well, i have some plants to trade atm, i have 3 black peppermint, 2 pineapple mint, 3 pelargonium frank headley and some more different ones rooting i hope. i'll start a new thread as this is about the Round Robins, how many people do you think we'll need?

belfast, Ireland(Zone 5a)

Well, if yous are going to do a round robin, count me in. The american- canadian one had loads of people in it, but if we could find at least 15 people we could do one! You could post something on gardenweb aswell to try and get more people interested!

when we get to 10 we should do it.. we've got 7 so far..

Sorry to be so ignorant but what is a Round Robin?

it's where one person starts off with say 40 packs of seed and puts it in an envelope, the envelope has inside addresses of more people on the list. say it started with daisy chain in norwich, she can take however many packets of seed she wants out, as long as she puts the same amount back in, then it goes to the next person, say baa in hampshire, she does the same and then passes it on. the envelope just gets re-sealed and re-addressed. sond like fun cate?

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

but what if the seeds passed around are boring common seeds that are available in even the smallest corner store? I would take part but only if the seeds were of unusual perennials.

Mark

im in! i tried to get one going in one of the european seed swap sites. i am interested in seeds of unusual food plants and unusual herb cuttings.how about a cuutings round robin as well...because there are an aweful lot of plants which you cannot grow from seeds.
lauren

mark, i've just had the robin from the us, and they're not just boring seeds, there were 55 different packs, some common-or-garden seeds sure, but some interesting ones. ok we've got 9 people so far, anyone else wanna join in, i could start it if you like..

lil

Lorny - would a cuttings round robin work?, they would be dead sticks by the time they got all the way round.., this seed round robin could apply to people in europe too. i'll post a link to this thread.

well i've got 6 people including myself right now - anyone else interested? i'll be sending it either tomorrow or monday so get your e-mails in to me with your address if you want to take part. :D

thanks

lil

closing date will be tomorrow (Sunday), i've got 50 packs of seeds raring to go. let me know.

Lilth, have you added me? Could you please post a list of the six people?

ok here's the list:

1 lilith
durham

2. Mrs Carol Smith
Warkworth
Northumberland

3. Trina Sharp
Norwich

4. Lauren Rayner
Lowestoft

5. Debby
Southampton

6. Deborah Madsen
Copenhagen V
Denmark

7. Lilith
Durham

is that everybody?? let me know if i've missed anyone.

lil

Great, looking forward to receiving those seeds
Carol

drat! was going to post it tomorrow - it's bank holiday!

lil

i don't see my name, i want to participate aswell.

ok - here is the provisional list - this is taking a bit of organising! i'm just waiting to hear from one person, so all going well i'm hoping for it to go out tomorrow (wednesday)

UK Round Robin

1. Lilith
Durham

2. Lisa Graham
Belfast
Northern Ireland

3. Mrs Carol Smith
Warkworth
Northumberland

4. Trina Sharp
Taverham
Norwich

5. Lauren Rayner
Lowestoft
Suffolk

6. Debby
Southampton
Hampshire

7. Deborah Madsen
Copenhagen V
Denmark

8. Evert Nylund
Espoo
Finland

9. Lilith
Durham

anyone else hoping to join in contact me ASAP! any questions? e-mail me!

the robin went out yesterday, so lisa you should receive it tomorrow (or you could have it now!) lmk when you get it.

lil

Lilth, I got the red robin yesterday.There are loads of interesting seeds in it! I will get it posted on Monday or Tuesday!

thanks for letting me know - glad you liked the selection, was trying to make it as varied as poss, so can you too? i'm not bothered about putting 'perennial' in for 'perennial' or 'herb' for 'herb', just as long as its a good mix.

:)
lil

Hello, I've received the packet and taken my choice, I'll have it off in the post today. Thanks so much for organising this RR. Well done, it's great.
Carol

thanks Carol, lmk when you get it Trina! this is so exciting!

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

ok

just an update.. Debby got it this morning so Deborah Madsen in Denmark, it's on it's way to you!

lilith

I'll post it off tomorrow morning.

thanks Baa, no hurry :)

Its now winging its way on to Denmark as we speak, the post office man said it should reach there by Monday.

wow thanks Baa!!

just got the rr back to me 'return to sender'. seems to have been a problem in danish customs. i am checking with deborah madsen to see if her address is correct and will be sending it out as soon as i've got that confirmation. well done and thanks to all of you that have taken part so far - there's a great selection of seeds there! hope we can do another sometime, without holdups!

best wishes
lil

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

How have i missed this, tut tut smack my hands.

Phew Lil ... (Baa wipes sweat of panic from brow) LOL

the address was correct, i don't know why this has happened, but deborah's gonna take it up with the danish post office. it will be going out again next week.

lil

sheila, you have mail :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.