SINGER 211G156 Walking Foot Sewing Machine I Need HELP!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

One, I have two of these machines and, Two, I am NOT a seamstress!

Before my mother died, she taught me how to do the one craft project I wanted to learn to do, so for 31 days in January 1997 she came to my home and taught me the entire process, start to finish, most of which I documented and sketched for future reference. The last time I used the machine I have here (the other one is in another location, yet to be brought to Houston) was about 6 years ago. Just didn't have the heart for sewing right after she died, and I am terrified I won't remember what I learned. I do still have all my notes, step-by-step, but I need my hand held for awhile, here with the giving, loving, DGers....

I want to begin my little craft project again. Good news is when I lived in my apartment, the service center was about 50 yards from my front door, and the technician actually WALKED to my place to service my machine! Bad news is I've moved, and need access to a manual and a technician who can show me how to operate the machine. When mom was here, I just came in from work every evening and we sewed, together.

Anything you DG experts could share with a sewing wannabe WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I have learned that a picture DOES speak a thousand words, and I have no shame in stopping to take a quick pic to post if I'm having a situation. I really, really need someone to adopt me on this.

Thanks, in advance, to whoever can help me out.

Linda

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!