Is this anyone on here...

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have been bidding on ebay and deathdoor666 keeps out bidding me or me them in iris. If this is a Daves member I hate to bid against our own folks and just wanted to know. Who ever this is they are a MAJOR buyer on there and have tons of Iris bought in their feedback.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

If you're bidding on plants that would go in his (or her) Gothic garden, I think I'd just give it up. LOL

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

They are not only gothic and dark but some bright ones too...

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

If someone wants everything you are interested in on ebay, I would simply back off and let them have everything they want. I strongly suspect that you Deathsdoor666 will be able to afford to buy out the nursery doing the selling. There are very few irises that aren't available in multiple places.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

The only one that caught my eye was Blue Persuasion. That is a cool color combo:)

Nola's has a list price of $ 6.50 for Ziggy and is having a sale right now ;) Had the wrong company at first! Both Nola's and Malevil are running sales!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2007 11:24 PM

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sounds good to me. Blue Persuasion is a great iris, but it can be purchased elsewhere. I don't know Ziggy but there are many iris in the sea.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

http://www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/Ziggy.html

There are just way to many to love:lol:

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Right - I know and I stay out of bidding wars.. and I buy smart (with my prices ready to go) just wow never seen anyone bid like that on that many Iris.. and their lists are full full full of plants...

just dreaming of their plant budget.

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8b)

Perhaps this bidder is connected to the seller, and running up the bid.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have to say, that it occurred to me that there could be something unpleasant going on with that other bidder. It might be a good idea to report it to ebay which tries to run a tight ship.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

If the person bidding is winning the item (and you state he has a ton of plants in his feedback), the seller has to pay a fee for every item sold. So it wouldn't be a benefit to the seller to have a fake buyer win the item and then have to pay ebay a percentage of a non-sale.. Since this buyer has a long list of purchases, they either have an enormous yard or a business.

I agree, set your limit and let the item go if it gets too high. The iris will be available again somewhere.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, I like Ziggy, too.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Never thought they might be working with the seller... umm..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.