Diagnosis please - fungus maybe ??

Normal, IL

90% of my Iris (100+) have this type of damaged foilage. There is plenty of room between plants, but Central Illinois has had much rain this summer. Is the appearance of these leaves normal for August or is something creeping on my Iris?

thank you

Thumbnail by onegoodman1955
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Doesn't look good to me, but then I'm no expert. How are the fans at the base of the r/z ?

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Mine sometimes look like that if we have had a lot of rain and then hot wind or just the hot wind. But I'm not an expert either, Hope its just the weather doing it to them.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

mine will look like that when it has been extremely hot and dry

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

That's usually how mine end up this time of the season, just looking a bit on the crispy side. We're typically in the hottest part of the summer right now and I don't tend to the front bed much as far as watering. The iris usually just look sad like that then start looking a bit better once the late summer/early fall cool down begins.

Normal, IL

Thank you. Now I need Wanda to tell me when I should cut them back, maybe late October??

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

They don't have to be cut back until they are completely brown -- all that green is feeding the rhizome.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.