Lavender in GA

Jefferson, GA(Zone 7b)

I ordered some French/Spanish Lavender. I am really excited about it and really want to have the smell in my garden. Right after I ordered though, I read something about lavender not liking humidity or rich soil. I can find a place with bad soil for it (Lord knows I have enough of it). Has anyone here in GA had much luck with it? Will it do okay with our humidity? I was going to try to get some shrubs and trees in this fall and found that and figured I would try getting it in at the same time. Do you think it will be okay? Anything that I should be aware of? I am in zone 7b just NE of Atlanta.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine does fine where we are,It does tend to wilt in full sun some in the heat of summer ,I water good and it recovers nicely.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

We have a couple plants in a 18 inch container and they are doing fine. Good drainage and lots of sun are key for lavender if I remember right. I water maybe once a week during this hot spell.

Not sure about the fragrance though unless you have a field of it or run your fingers through it. Rosemary is a great herb to have for fragrance.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.