Pirl's Mini-RU

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Arlene had an impromptu get together this past Saturday. What a treat to finally meet some of the people that I've chatted with for so long. The guests included myself, Harper [Sofonisba] with her son and son's friend, Loretta [lorettamar] and her husband Bob. The hosts were Arlene [Pirl] and her husband Jack - who, if I closed my eyes, made me think I was speaking to Garry Marshall, the director. What a nice afternoon. Thanks Arlene. Loretta and Bob, how was Pepi's? I think we should all meet there for an early Saturday dinner one weekend. Harper, did you make in home in one piece? Your car was sure hanging low after you finished perusing Arlene's garden. My new Daylily has a home where I can see it from my kitchen window. I hope we can do it again soon!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looks like a nice time Anita. Busy NY day yesterday I guess.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yes - yesterday I went to a balloon Festival - http://www.metronyballoonfest.com/default.aspx . We had a nice time. Unfortunately, it was too windy for the balloons and we were too tired to stay for the concert at the end of the day. I did get a few good shots of the bicycle/skateboard stunts and the monster trucks. Not my thing normally, but it was interesting to see.

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

here's one of the bikes

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

and one of the monster trucks..

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Anita. It was so nice to find that we are all more than just words on a page. I like how Kassia phrased it. She's grateful to Dave Whitinger for giving us this meeting place, or we would never have had a chance to know each other. I don't contribute much, and I seem to miss a lot of things in the NE Forum, but my heart feels like it belongs here.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

You are definitely on my list of friends Nancy.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Anita im headed to the Balloon fest this weekend here in Maine. I went last year and loved all the beautiful balloons, each year they add new ones and I can't wait. I think i'm worse than the kids!!!!!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Anita and all who were at Arlene's, I hope you can all add more pics...I want to see more!!! too bad we couldn't combine our 2 little groups (only a few hundred miles in the way LOL). I told Kassia she needs to bring a busload of you all with her next time and George moved to panic mode (we only have one guest room!).

I don't know if any of the garden sites foster these kinds of friendships because I don't go to any of the others, but I too am grateful to Dave and so glad I found DG. it's valuable to me in so many ways, but this is at the top of the list!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Looks like a great time was had by all! Looking forward to meeting all of you one day.

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Anita,
Thank you for the pictures. It was so nice to meet everyone and in such a beautiful setting! Thank you, Arlene, for a lovely afternoon.

It's so true--Dave's Garden is a wonderful place with the nicest people, and the Northeast Forum is tops. I look forward to meeting all of you as well.

Loretta

(Anita, Pepi's was delicious--the food and the view. I definitely want to go back. A dinner get-together there sounds great.)

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh I love it!!!! Jan, Nancy and I ... and you guys too.... NOW I want to meet you guys too!!!!!!!!!!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Nice photos, everyone! Hope to join you at some point myself.....looks like a really nice time!! Nice place, Arlene!!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

What a great time you all seemed to have had together. Great photos, too.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm so late finding this thread! I was one of the party goers, too!! Arlene and Jack were the best people a girl like me could meet. I can't wait to go back. About an hour or so after I arrived, Anita showed up and that was more fun!! We sat down for lunch - everything was so yummy!! The conversation and company was great. Just as we were finishing eating, Loretta and Bob showed up! What a nice dessert!!! They're wonderful. I had a fantastic time.

I didn't want to break away from the conversation, but I just HAD to dig up Arlene's plants, LOL! I learned I'm never going to plant a holly tree unless I want to leave it be and use it to make sure the burglars stay away. Arlene warned me too! Ouch!

I stole away with so many plants, I could not fit one more plant in the car.

Anita, great shots and thanks for starting this thread. I have great memories of this weekend. : ) We'll get together again soon.

I will post my pics as soon as I upload them.

Harper

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.