I Like what this Person has to say about Solar

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Solar,along with hydrogen and wind are finally picking up in MW production all over
the world and all i can say is it is about time.The technology has been available
to successfully utilize solar and other renewables but due to the perfectly monopolized
resource,oil,we have been strapped to that obsolete dinosaur and all the pollution
and wars that go with it.Not anymore.
Its no wonder that BP changed its name to Beyond Petroleum because they know what
most consumers dont,oil is dying.There is alot of it left but the cost effective places to
drill are gone.In twenty years gasoline will no longer be a viable fuel for transportation
because it will be too expensive to drill for and in return,too expensive to buy.
This is good but it also starts the time when the oil companies try to wedge themselves
into the green market and try to strangle it with stagnant prices and overlapping patent
claims.If enough people pick up DIY and go green by themselves this will be impossible.
It will also take people like me that are within the green industry to consolidate and
undersell the very people who have held us back for so long.
They DO NOT deserve to reap any rewards or profit from solar or hydrogen or at the
least,be market leaders.Make no mistake, they are not helping the renewable market or
air quality by producing their own panels.Not while they still run refineries,coal plants
and nuclear power stations.Personally,i just dont see why I or we should subsidize these
companies when we can get panels at cost or cheaper by buying American green certified
or making our own.That is really the biggest point to make.
We have really never needed oil.Modern production electric vehicles have been possible
for a very long time(proven with the EV 1) and now those cars are possible for average
skill DIY’ers in kit form.Same with hydrogen and the lesser favorable LP or NG.Even
vegetable oil cars,they do use some diesel but they are very simple to convert to and are
very cheap.
We no longer need a centralized conglomerate selling us our power on the road or
through wires to our homes.Both have been nothing more than century-old monopolized
lies.The time is now to regain our independence at this absolutely critical period
for green energy!

This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!