My First Hummingbird picture

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

I was sitting in my chair and saw this Hummingbird going for one of my Zowie Zinnas and snapped this picture. He was gone instantly. This is not a great shot as I was far away and do not have a great zoom --but I am excited--my first hummingbird picture and I am sure I will frame it.

Thumbnail by BettyFB
Klamath River, CA

Now that you have got your first Hummer pic, you'll start getting a lot more. Congratulations.

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks adelbertcat,

Are you the one that posted the picture of the Fox? Those were great shots. I would frame that for sure.

Klamath River, CA

Yes. We have several fox on the property but this is the first one I was able to get a clear picture of.

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

adelbertcat,

That is incredible. Do they bother anything?

Klamath River, CA

Not really. We hear them on the porch at night quite often. When we first moved here they had a den under the house (the house was vacant for almost two years) and they have a fairly strong musky odor, but they soon moved out after we moved in. We also have ring tailed cats, but they are nocturnal and I haven't been able to get any pics of them.

Marlton, NJ

Nice pic Betty; Congratulations! I like it because it shows the real size of the Hummingbird against the plants and fence. Good job!!

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks adelbertcat,

I guess you are attached to them by now. I do not know what a ring tailed cat looks like. I will try and google for a picture of one. So exciting to have fox on your property!!!! I will look for your to post more pictures of those beauties!!!!

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks pelletory,

I am going to print it out and frame it tomorrow. I doubt if I will get another picture this year anyway. I have no hummingbird feeders in my yard and it is not easy to take a picture of them---they are so fast.

Klamath River, CA

http://birdfotos.com/misc/ring-tailed-cat/cat01.htm try this site for pics.

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks adelbertcat,,

That Ring tail cat is beautiful. Looks more like a fox than a cat. Try to get some pictures --I would love to see them.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Great photo for a first try!!!!

Santa is going to bring me a new digital with good zoom for christmas this year!!!! He is tired of hearing me curse all the bad photos!!!!!!!!! lol This is an old one and it is only 2 megapixels.

They are hard to get though we have a group of juvies that seem to enjoy taunting me with great oppurtunities but a bad camera! Here's one I got today.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

nanny-56,

Thanks, and yours is a great picture too. I bet you are excited about your new camera. I cannot wait to see those pictures posted!!!!

hummer silhouette

Thumbnail by
Marlton, NJ

Very nice Frank!!!

I did something similar to one of my photos. It came out blurry so I 'fixed' it!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

this is the original photo

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Nice job! I have one like this too from last year.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Melbourne, FL

I have a hummer silhouette also.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

My favorite silhouette is this one of a Mockingbird.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Klamath River, CA

Here's mine. It's a Flicker. We used to call them Yellow Hammers.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.