silver star vinery question

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi -- I've been so enjoying grazing in this forum. I've got a few spots I'd like to fill with clematis this fall and want to order from Silver Star, per the glowing reports here. Does anyone know if she updates her catalog for Fall? I've emailed her but no response yet. I'm just wondering if there's any point in ordering now from available stock, or if it's worthwhile to wait and see if anything new becomes available. Thanks very much! Laura

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Silver Star Vinery has an excellent Clematis selection, which are grown in 1 gallon containers. Therefore, they will have an extensive root system and you will be able to plant them in your garden immediately.

The owner, Debbie, has had some serious medical issues, so please be patient. If you don't get an e-mail response from her in the next couple of days, then please send her another one.

In answer to your question, she probably will update her selection in the Fall during the month of August, so keep checking her website. Also, if a particular Clematis does not appear on her website that you are looking for, please inquire. She may have it or could locate it for you.

Good Luck and happy Clematis growing!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Shirley!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I haven't actually purchased from Silver Star yet, but I have looked at her site and drooled a LOT in the last year or so. I know I've seen several new varieties appear at various times during that time, so I get the feeling she just updates as she goes along and has time. So, it may not be one big update, but rather just an ongoing process.

That's very true, digigirl. The big update is usually in the Spring.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Shirley, is Debbie ok?? ??
Wicker, her stuff is great!! just another testimonial!!

No she's not. I'm won't go into specifics as it's not my place to comment further. Hopefully, some of her employees will be doing the computer work and taking the orders for her. When you place a future order, I'm sure she would really appreciate some get well cheer.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

I just placed an order last night. It is my first time ordering from Silver Star after months of "drooling"! I'm very sorry to hear that Debbie is not well.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2007 9:24 AM

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I did finally hear back from her yesterday, so hopefully that's a sign she's feeling better.

Wickerparker, thanks for your post. I hope Debbie is feeling better. She certainly has a beautiful selection of clematis!

Richmond Hill, GA

Debbie's clematis are the best I have ever ordered. Huge root ball and very healthy. I bought 4 from here this season and two have already bloomed for me. Sorry to hear she isn't doing well. I too am patiently awaiting an update on her site.
Arlene

This message was edited Aug 19, 2007 7:51 PM

I heard from Debbie yesterday when she confirmed my recent order. I'm looking forward to receiving my new clematis vines from her. I ordered Fairy Dust and Madame Julia Correvon. I hope Debbie is feeling better.

Fort Worth, TX

I have my second order coming any day now. But I believe she is taking a break for a while as her husband is returning from a 5 month absence. Debbie is very nice and her clematis are outstanding. I would say it's worth the wait.
BeBe Fort Worth, Texas

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.