Anyone else have a Lathe addiction??

Imperial Beach, CA

Ok so DR. Don got me addicted to the lathe! Lucky for me he was kind enough to donate a lathe and a few tools to my fule my growing addiction. I have only made a few things (mostly with Dr. Don's help) but I think this is easily going to take over a big portion of my life.

I am looking for any little advise, tips, or tricks any of you more experanced turners can offer. The biggest thing I am having a problem with right now (go figure) is tool sharpening. I tend to burn the metal on the grinder so it dosen't hold an edge. Once you burn the edge and the metal loses it's temper how do you fix it?

Here is my first bowl...I must admit I had some help with the harder spots and a great coach!...I can never thank you enough Dr. Don!

Thumbnail by ezylivin
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!