Peach Trees!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

A friend of mine gave me 6 baby peach trees - each about 1 1/2 foot tall. I have room for 3 of them. He has 5 in his yard (here in Framingham) and they have the most beautiful pink blossoms in spring and now he's getting ready to harvest a huge amount of fresh peaches!
Does anyone know anything about peach tree growing? I need all of the advice I can get to keep these babies alive.
Thanks,
Tamberlin

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I haven't done anything special for mine except cover the developing fruit so the animals don't get them. Fruit trees are prone to various dieases so it's best to check with your extrension agents. Let them know what variety you have, if you know, and ask about common diseases in your area. I finally had some peaches last year - about 7 or so, and they were the best ones I have ever tasted so good luck!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

So Tamberlin, how are your peach trees doing? My dh loves peaches, so I thought I'd get a few trees for a surprise gift - but it'll have to wait until next year now.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi!
The peach trees are still alive! Score one for me! I gave 3 to a neighbor who has a mini orchard going in his backyard. I'm going to treat them like roses this winter and mulch and cover them with cones most likely to make sure that they have a chance.
Check with me in late April to see if they made it!
I looked around at most of the garden centers this last spring for fruit trees and they did not offer much. I was going to resort to ordering from a catalog when these babies showed up. Is that what you are going to do?
Tamberlin

(Zone 4a)

Good luck with your peach trees! I know nothing about them but peaches are my favourite fruit when they are in season - yum!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.