How to make a outdoor swing canopy

Pembroke Pines, FL

I have this wounderful white plasic patio swing set that originally had a canvus cover . I was able to lie down on it and watch the kids by the pool in the shade swinging and have lovely hours to sit and relax ....then a Hurricane came by two years ago and blew the canvus cover away. Do any of you have any creative ideas on what I can put on top of it to make my swing shaddy again. I was thinking about making it into a thatch roof type thing..but not sure where I would get the right type of palm leaves? I was also thinking of weaving some type of fabric on the original poles that originally held the canopy. Any ideas on how I can bring my swing back to life for this hot miserable summer! The more creative the better....anything that is easy to make and does not cost alot of money works best for me. Thanks for any suggestions

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!