Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

check this guy out
more pics here:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/758304/

Thumbnail by notmartha
Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Dori

What kind of phesants do you raise in Bay City?/

I didn't know you lived near a nuclear power plant.

Paul :)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL Paul!!

this lil one was in the hosta bed!

Thumbnail by notmartha
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Awww..........what a beautiful pheasant. I hope he sticks around. I know two people who got the chicks and raised and released them and then never saw any of them again. I don't know if they fly away or the coyotes and bobcats get them ??

Traverse City, MI(Zone 6a)

what is the differance between a pheasant and a peacock? I thought that was a pic of a peacock until I read further down and people were calling it a phaesant. Is it really a wild thing?

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I was kidding with Dori,
It is a peacock

Paul

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

how nice Dori but I think i"d stay away from the little guy LOL
Gloria

Highland Park, MI

Hello Fellow Gardeners

I live in Detroit near Palmer Park and I see a male Pheasant almost every morning in the vacant lots on John R. He doesn't fly just runs like the dickens when he sees my shepherd coming. There is a female as well and they have been here for years but I haven't seen any little ones.

I have never seen a Peacock either. The man who brings the Free Press in the early hours, has seen a large deer on Brush, though.

Sandi

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi Sandi

Welcome to DG

Paul

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hi sandi625 welcome to dave garden. call me a dipwad but ive never seen a wild peacock. i dont know why but i never thoght they were a wild bird duh. but boy he sure is beatiful. all we get is phesants around here and not really very many of them. Ronna

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Dori........I will bet that peacock has escaped from somewhere.......they are not typically wild......

Deann

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Sandi, Welcome to DG.

Cindy

Highland Park, MI

Thank you. I love DG and have been telling my friends about it.

Sandi

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol really deann!!! he is from the neighbors farm! LOL

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, pretty neat visitor. Does your neighbor raise the peacocks?

Sandi, welcome to DG's! I see the peacocks all the time at the zoo. LOL

We see wild pheasant here once in a blue moon. When I was younger, my brothers used to hunt them across the street ... on a Steel Companies property.

toofew.

Highland Park, MI

Hello Out There

I have a question.

This year I planted a Climbing Shell vine and I was wondering if I cut it back or leave it.

Thanks

Sandi

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Sandi,

Welcome to DG. This is what I found out on your climbing shell plant. Hope it helps. It's not hardy here so you'll have to bring it indoors. If you planted it in the ground you'll have to dig it up and put it in a pot. I'd cut it back as well before I brought it in the house. Good luck,
Brenda

When you see how fragrant flowers twist and turn on this vine, you'll know why it's also known as the Corkscrew Vine. The Climbing Shell plant has beautifully colored flowers that come in an array of pinks, purples, whites and yellows. Quickly grows up to 25' tall. Plants are hardy in zones 9-10. Northern growers can grow the Climbing Shell plant in pots and bring them indoors in winter. Plant in full sun and make sure to give them an inch of water per week.

http://directgardening.com/detail.asp?pid=7929

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

look we are really getting close

Thumbnail by notmartha
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh my I love that blue to bad theres not a flower that color I'd have a yard full
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

feeding time-he comes running now

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

one more for tonight

Thumbnail by notmartha
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Dori......Got a name for the critter????

Mom

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

call him LIL dude or NBC
neighbor calls him Bud!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.