Anhinga

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

This male Anhinga hangs out each afternoon on the bank, of the pond, in back of my Gym. I get to watch him while I'm walking on the treadmill. Today I brought my camera.

This message was edited Aug 8, 2007 7:49 PM

Thumbnail by bsharf
Marlton, NJ

Gorgeous pic b!!! Thanks for posting it!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow!!! Great photo!!!

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

I never thought of an Anhinga, as beautiful before, but the detail in the feather pattern you captured, certainly is beautiful. Its a fantastic shot.

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

Love the picture. I agree with Grasmussen, I've never particularly admired the Anhinga before, but you've captured him in a very elegant pose.

Thanks for sharing,
Jenny

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Was he showing off for you?
Nice picture. Great that you have a show to watch while you get your excersize.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks. Funny story about how I got this shot. I knew that the Anhinga wasn't going to let me get close, but as I was standing there, a guy who was walking on the exercise track,around the pond, came within 8 feet of the bird. The resident birds aren't upset by the people walking around the track, but are very shy around crazy people carrying big cameras on tripods: The Anhinga knew that I was up to no good. So I called out to the walker, and asked him to stay put for a second. The Anhinga was focusing on him, and I quietly aproached from the other side. I got the shot, the bird turned and saw me, gave a warning scream, and flew up into a tree. The guy on the phone, asked me the ID of the bird, and commented at how beautiful it was. I thanked him for his help in getting the photo. Curious to see if the Anhinga is back in his "sunning" spot today, probably keeping his eye out for me!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Tricky....but it worked. Great story!

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Marvelous image!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.