Pinguiculas for indoors

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I mainly do indoor and container gardening, as I currently live in an apt. I've not had alot of experience with the carnivores... currently all I have are two nepenthes.

I hang out mostly on the AV and Gesneriad forum, and a couple people over there have pinguiculas... calling them mexican pings. I have become fascinated with these plants and would like to have a couple of them for indoors.

There is one in particular that is pinkish-orangish, and very attractive. I cannot find the thread where I first saw it posted now, and I am trying to find the full name of it.

Where is a good source for these plants, and which ones do you all recommend for my current growing status? Advice, info, and suggestions are all greatly appreciated!

Thanks... Karen

Pinguicula agnata is bombproof. I sent some of the people over in the Genseriad Forum some of those.

Your description of pinkish orange brings to mind laueana which is sort of a deep salmon to reddish color. P. moctezumae is a deeper pink but I've seen it in other shades of pink. P. moranensis is almost a true pink. P. esseriana is a lighter pink while P. crassifolia is a deeper pink. The majority seem to be shades of lilac and purple.

Try these people for Pinguicula-
http://www.dangerousplants.com/

Thanks Equilibrium... I'll check out that site this evening.

If they don't have anything you like, d-mail me and I will pull a few leaves for you and start an agnata to send to you. My treat so don't worry about postage or anything. Leaf pull starts will be very small though.

Oh... thanks alot!

I'll let you know!

Karen

You are welcome!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.