More Black and Blue

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I finally got what I think, is a good picture

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow! The colors just jump out on your photo! Black and Blue is one of my easiest and most favorite. The hummers make my ears buzz when I'm around it!
Bev

Such a pretty blue!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks I was playing with my camera a little, and tried the Foliage setting...it really seems to make a difference, I can't wait to try it taking pictures of my roses!

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

Those are yummy pictures! Everything seems so washed out in color right now in my garden. My daughter just got back from a visit to California and she couldn't get over how beautiful the flowers were there.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

another something for my wish list - beautiful blue!

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Is that the name of the variety..."Black & Blue" and where can I get it?!!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Black and Blue is one of its names
Salvia guaranitica ‘Black and Blue’
it is a pretty common one. I got mine on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ25QQsassZdogwooderitternet
I got mine from the person listed above, his name is Ron ,and the Black and Blue is not on his list...sometimes he has things that are not listed, you could try emailing him...tell him I sent you...

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

If I can bump this up and then stray just slightly OT? ;->
I have B&B Salvia, which I adore. This was my 2nd summer with them. I just got some more for $1 (!) at Lowes and realized something I hadn't noticed before. Mine that I had have very pale green leaves, and the "new" ones have dark green leaves. Seems to me that mine had dark green leaves last year, too. Now, we did have a very, very dry hot summer, but they got plenty of water.
Anyone know what causes the pale leaves? Is it moisture related? Fertilizer? Sun?
Thanks!
Deb

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I think it is fertilizer..I have some that are paler leaved.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Melvatoo: That wouldn't surprise me, because I've been lax about fertlizing them. Do you fertilize yours? and if so, what time of year?
Deb

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I have been lax about fertilizing things too, but when I do, I make alfalfa tea, and give it to everything...I start, (usually) in March, and I stop, about now. So March six weeks later so things get fed about four times a year but this year they have had it only a couple of times..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.