butterflies : )

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

don't ya just love em!

Thumbnail by laurawege
Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

they are like flying flowers

Thumbnail by laurawege
Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I took thes today while I was waiting to catch the humming birds at the feeder they didn't show but look who did
laura

Thumbnail by laurawege
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Lovely pics Laura. I just love watching them going from flower to flower. They certainly are wondrous creatures. Have a few new ones in the garden this year or maybe I just never noticed them before, but I never get tired of seeing them.

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks ngam taking pictures with digital cameras is still new to me but I love being able to post them and share them with people who also apreciate the beauty of nature : )
laura

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great Laura! I agree. I have a white Butterfly Bush that just gets loaded with them. The other day there must have been about 25 on it at once. Love to watch them. You can get so much closer to them than birds.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I am jealous of that one Laura. I have seen those out of town,but not here. Nice photos.

I've posted all mine already. This one landed as I was taking this photo today - not as exciting- I know.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh I love them.... love your pictures.....today I finally took a picture of one... she is so cute too!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Laura, Is that the bug you gave Kassia?
(If you haven't seen the "How did you get the bug?" thread, check it out.)

Great pictures.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice pictures

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

Dave, I have always said Kassia was a gardener waiting to happen! I could tell when I met her that she was one of those people that you really want to hold on to as a friend . People drift in and out of your life when you have a child like my brian ( he is very disabled) ( we call him the whole nine yards). Kassia just glows from within she has the heart of a lion and the soul of a gardener
laura

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lovely pictures!
Kassia..nice job on your first try!
I'm not telling what these guys have been doing all over my lawn......but it made for some interseting photos.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Zone 4a)

Those photo's are just amazing! Great "flutterby" shots - as my young one would say LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Dawn, thats exactly what my 3 yr. DGD says too! I love it when she says it and then corrects herself.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Got a few more this morning. This one was sitting on a weed in the field.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This one was resting on my coneflowers.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh I love those pics!!!!

ah Dave, Laura is one of a kind type of person...the first time I looked at her, Brian, her husband and their beloved Bella I saw so much love and commitment... such great amazing people... and I think Brian brings then together... he is so sweet... I lust looked at him and fell in love with him and the entire family!!! can't help it!!!!

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

love the butterfly pics! Pixie you sure have a lot of them!
Hi Kassia!
Brian sure is a lucky guy to have such caring parents. And we are all lucky to have him. His laugh just makes my day :)

laura I love how you called butterflies flying flowers.

Millis, MA(Zone 6a)

From my Salvia reptans posting...

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3759355

Millis, MA(Zone 6a)

and from my Hepticodium posting...

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3759360

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my honey took this shot... he isn't the best with the camera.... but not bad

Thumbnail by onewish1
Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

hey ocean I will see you this weekend! I just have to pack it up and I am there!

Thumbnail by laurawege
Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

here is the hummer I was waiting for
laura

Thumbnail by laurawege
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice laura!.... making me jelous

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

how about this one... not as colorful but also a nice one!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes very nice

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

kassia is that butterfly on a sweet pea? my favorite ! very pretty BF too
: )
laura

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Looks like a sweet pea to me and an awesome picture Kassia!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Great shots everyone. This is a new one here this year. I think it is a Red Admiral. He likes the verbena and agastache.

Thumbnail by ngam

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.