Time for that rain dance again!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

OMG, we need rain sooooooooooo bad. The bad rains of mid Michigan that happened a week or two ago totally missed us up here. I can't even remember the last time it rained. I am so tired of filling up water jugs and driving my RTV around watering all my container plants. I've been putting the sprinkler on the veggie garden about every three days but I am so afraid of running my well dry. I have been hand watering my three new trees planted up by the house. The extreme heat hasn't helped any. The fields are all brown instead of lush green. Even the birds are panting and hot. They gather on the picket fence under the sprinkler to get a little shower and drink.

How is it by where you live? Anyone eating out of their veggie garden? What's for dinner? I've been harvesting tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, yellow squash by the millions, green beans by the bushel, zucchini. Corn isn't done yet. I've been pitching out extra squash for the deer to eat. THe apple trees are so loaded that one of the big branches just broke off from the weight of the apples. Grapes are still green but look good. I'll make sure to put the bird netting on them soon to keep whatever ate them all last year out of there. :)

Brenda

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Just had our first corn last night- oh man was it good! We've had peppers, tomatoes, cukes and zucchini already..oh and broccoli. I've been watering non stop. DH says it would be just as cheap to buy all our produce (he's probably right too)

They are saying rain tonight, but I've heard that song and dance before...passes us right by.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

We havent had a drop in forever-I to am dragging hoses and buckets and have lost several tree(seedlings) The corn all around us is standing straight up waiting for a drop of rain or maybe a bird to fly over ;)

WE NEED RAIN!!! trees are dry and grass is crunchy
yummies here right now
Tomatoes,corn, squash and okra!!
beans,gooseberries and currants
some apples!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm dancing I'm dancing!!!!!!!
Gloria

Kalamazoo, MI

It must have worked! Tis a lovely soft day here.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Raining cats and dogs here right now.

Paul

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

no rain here n radar doesn't show any-dragging hoses!!!!!!!! :(

cloudy here....had a few drops... 0.06 to be exact.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Raining here...but still dancing..got a inch from about 5:30 am..and still coming down..goody goody...

Smiles..Diana

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Got rain here too, a nice slow steady fall all morning long and still coming down :o)

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Not a drop[ here yet. Maybe we need to be dancing the boogaloo or something different ???

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hay you guys need to dance a little faster so it will rain here!!!!!!!! I danced for you so pleeeeeze??????
Gloria

maybe if I wash the car it will rain...

Looks dark here, but forecasters say 'maybe' a little shower. Heck we need a deluge!! I did plant a flat of marigolds for some color. My gardens look like fall has arrived!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I washed my car and I dident get any rain maybe it will work for you Sarv if it dose send some up here we realy need it too !!!!!!!!!!
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

boy am i ever happy it rained all morning from about 2 a.m. to about 10:30a.m. on sunday the 5th. boy you could just see the trees and everyone getting out the straws and sucking up the drops smells good outside. now maybe we will have to mow after weeks of no mowers running. its been kinda peaceful really....Ronna

It's raining a bit more!! Yea....only thing is our 'dish' keeps going out! Another 0.02 for a grand total of 0.10 - not a whole lot!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

sarv go outside and take a big fan and point it up this way it might help lol
Gloria

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

Absolutely no rain in Traverse City. It's sad here. Plants and trees are dying and the maples are even starting to show some color like it's fall. I've never seen it like this. I just can't water enough. Even the toads have gone to ground.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I agree, no rain. We need it so bad and I was hopeful.
It is making for pretty color on the leaves and ferns though as they go dormant in the dry weather.

Thumbnail by cpartschick

It was dark this morning, like it was going to rain. I never thought that the sun coming out would make me cry.

LOL...they are saying for sure tonight.....want to place any bets! I've shut everything up...it better come!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm not going to hold my breath but I sure hope so Good luck!
Gloria

Lombard, IL

Leave your car windows down...It'll rain for sure!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

It is raining here! (whispered, so it won't stop) We could use a good week of rain to catch up after this dry spell.

Raining here too (and I'm shouting!!!) Only had .24 of an inch, but it's a nice slow, steady rain. Just what we need. I'd settle for one day of it (we're going camping tomorrow!)

Wonder if your brown, crunchy grass will come back...it could be toast.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Half the woods is yellow and brown already. (ferns and some trees)
I don't mind the rain.
Where are you going camping?

We're camping at Warren Dunes State park down by the indy border...never been there. I've heard they are famous for hang gliding off the dunes (not that I'll be doing that!)

Oh man, the rain is really coming down now...plus some thunder and lightning

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

No hang gliding? lol. Not for me either.
Sounds like it will be fun to watch though.
Dunes would be better with a little rain. Hope the weather is nice for you.
We had one bolt of lightning around 6am when the dog went out, and he decided he would wait until our walk to do any business. Now it is just a nice rain. Hope others are getting it as well.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I woke up around 5/5:30 this a,m, to thunder and lightening and there is a slow steady rain falling now. suppose to do this all day today. So glad I got more of my plants planted out yesterday morning, This is just what they all needed. Hope all has a great day.

Sarv hope you have fun camping out. Been trying to talk dh into going camping, its been along time since we have. I really enjoy it.

Connie

I can literally see the grass greening up!! I tossed around alphafa pellets last night...great thinking on my part! Hope it gives everything a little boost!

Connie - we love camping- have been doing it all our lives. Nothing more relaxing. Ludington is our favorite park, but very hard to get into!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

its raining,its raining......finally!!!!YEA.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Looked at the radar again. I better walk the dog before some more boomers come in.
I don't mind walking in the rain, but walking in a thunderstorm is just stupid.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Raining here this morning!!!!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Got another inch..yeppppppy...

Smiles..Diana

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we finally got some-maybe a inch! thats good for me now send back the heat and sunshine!!!!

thunder storm at 5am and then steady rain till about 10am everything is soaked!!!

now give me the sun and 90s till sept.!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

rofl @ Dori

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

NotMartha,
You did get more rain than us. DH said it was pouring in BC. We got just enough to wet things down a little, looked like quarter inch...not enough, send your extra our way, please.

Still, not a drop of rain. It's sunny and hot. I can't believe this.

Grand total here was 8 tenths of an inch. Sun peeked out for a couple of minutes and it turned into sauna....yuck. Clouds closed up again...maybe we'll get a few more sprinkles.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

jylgaskin,
Did you get some rain the other day? I saw some on the radar up your way. We didn't get much rain, but it was better than nothing.
Sure is muggy though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.