Is this a zucchini?

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

The leaves are like my green zucchini, but I only planted green ones, or so I thought. This fruit is about 10 inches long and started out with greenish stripes which are becoming brown. Can anybody tell me what variety it is?

Thumbnail by MaryE
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I have seen white zuchinni, but never one like this. Hope you get it ID'ed

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I don't know of any zucchini with this type of markings. There are light green zucchini, yellow zucchini and striped (green) zuchinni but none look like this. I suspect that you got a crosspollinated seed. A mixed breed zucchini with another type of C. pepo squash.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Very cool! You will have to let us know how he tastes!

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

most definitely.. we would all like to know..

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

He ? was good and tasted just like any other zucchini I've eaten. This one had grown to about a foot long when I picked it, and was about 3 inches in diameter. I sliced it 1/4 inch thick, dipped each slice in beaten egg and them coated it with cracker crumbs and fried it in a little oil. This is one of our summertime favorites served with a squirt of lemon juice or a sprinkle of dried parmesan cheese, or just plain. There is another one on the plant that I will saute in butter with onions and mushrooms. Another good way to make those zucchini into a tasty dish.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Ummmm. So many good zucchini recipes. I like the idea of the cracker crumbs. And when we get to the end of our ropes with zucchine as a veggie, there's always zucchini bread! Another favorite! (Dang! I'm getting hungry again!)

PS My neighbor forgot she had one growing and was shocked when she finally spotted it - 14" long and 5" around. It was so pithy she had to throw it away. Totally wasted! Bummer.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

you may want to save some seeds

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.