Obedient Plants run AMOK

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Soooooo they say that these things are 24". See next post

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

My daughter is 6 feet tall so the obedient plants would be........

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

What kind of fertilizer are you giving them? I'd love to try it on some of my plants!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Water and osmocote when I remrmber a couple times a year

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Janice,

Are those the plants I gave you? lol

Mine have been 8ft. tall for the past few years and are becoming extinct. They are traveling all over the area and I am pulling them out as fast as I can. I'm thinking they like our So Cal weather and aren't being very obedient at all. lol

OUT they go!!!
Donna

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Is this also called purple loosestrife? I recall that they are invasive if that is what they are. Great shot of the dd with them!

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Purple loosestrife is Lythrum virgatun The photo is of the purple obedient plant is Physostegis virginiana it comes in white and pink also. There is another plant commonly called obedient that is yellow and it is in the Lysimachia family.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks Gus! ; )

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

They have not done much traveling. They are in the most unfriendly part of the garden where the dryer vents and a cement based pole at the bottom. They are surrounded with fern and columbines and the brug.

Donna, you DID NOT tell me that they would be 8 feet tall! Lol. Pretty though.
Janice

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Janice....Who knew?? They aren't supposed to be that tall. lol

Wow!!!!

That is an amazing Physostegia! I have 'Miss Manners' (White) and it is so well behaved, here in Zone 5-only grows to about 36 inches, and the small clumps have gradually increased in width over the last 6 years, to a nice 24" at the base.

I have heard the white variety is the best "behaved", so maybe that's the reason. I dearly love this plant.

BTW, your DD is a beautiful young lady.

Sasha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.