Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Georgia's Thunder

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Chinese Lantern

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You REALLY should post these to the Rum Runner PlantFiles pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are stunning photos!!

I wanted some pics this morning but when I went outside I saw there weren't any blooms today ... just lots of green leaves. Except of course, for my Schizo which has a bloom laying on the ground so that wouldn't be pretty!!

Love the pics!!!!!!!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, what do you know! You posted a Schizo, too! Pretty pic ...

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Mon Ami

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Amanda
I think I will post to plant files. Especially some of the cultivars that there are no pics of.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Cajun Princess

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hot Bikini

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Cajun Blue

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Yuletide

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hurricane Lily

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Bridal Veil

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

You sure have some beauties!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I have a couple of the Wind girls in bloom, but we have seen them, so I'll just add this one. Cool It.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Robert, your pictures are wonderful. Rum Runner and Mon Ami catch my eye.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

This is what greeted me this morning. Obviously I had a hungry deer visiting last night.
:-((((

This one used to be my Tarantella which I was supposed to give to my DIL last weekend. At the last minute I couldn't part with it and see what happened because I was so selfish.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Awwwww ... it'll bounce back.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

ardesia, that is too bad. I'm surprised the deer left a few big leaves. Hopefully the new growth will come in even stronger. I hope the deer don't become a big problem for your hibiscus.

Well, it needed a bit of pruning anyway but once that last bud opens that will be it for a while since they only bloom on new wood.

It must have been unusually hungry or a baby deer. Normally they do not come into the middle of the garden because I have a dog and they pick up his scent. They do browse around the outside of the garden outside of the Invisible Fence line that keeps the dog in.

It (or they) hit a few others too but they only got the buds onthe others.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

It's them rotten teenagers!!! lol
They got real brave @ my house & got on my deck! Can you believe the nerve of some children! Stripped on white Tx Star, one yellow H, 5 tomato plants, 3 columbines, & some other stuff. Stepped right on my rain lilys to get on the deck.
Time for more chicken wire!!!

Good grief, that is pretty bad.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

You sound so serious! & eating my plants is serious but I did mean teenage deer! Just to verify! lol
I'm a city girl that bought a house on 2 acres. It came with a well & a septic. But no one ever mentioned I might have a problem with deer eating my plants!
I'm beginning to think I need to sell my stock in SW Airlines & Krispy Kremes & invest in a chicken wire company! lol

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm so excited, I finally have some pics to post! I haven't had any since we started doing what's blooming today (well, OK , my double red Celia blooms almost every day, but I already have a million pics of it so I don't take them anymore!).

Here's Ring of Fire (technically this one was blooming yesterday, but I didn't get around to transferring the pics to the computer until today)

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And here's 'Lady Bug'. This one bloomed for me once before, but the bloom never opened fully and there was a lot more orange on it, this time it's fully open, and it's mostly red with some yellow spots. If it didn't have a tag on it, I wouldn't think it was the same plant!

Thumbnail by ecrane3
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Hey Liz, those are both really pretty - I especially like Lady Bug :-)

Ardesia, terrible about the deer, that would make me so frustrated!!

Brugie, that one is called Cool It? That is super pretty.

Robert, the soft coloring on Cajun Princess is really unique, and I love (covet, I'm going to HAVE to get this one) that Georgia's Thunder - it's just so unusual!

Today I've got a really blue colored Electric Blue...

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Mango Tango has another bright cheery bloom.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Mini Ballerina has a new bloom, but I wish the pink in the middle would show more...

Thumbnail by amarantha00

I've had a double from Rum Runner, but I'm almost embarrassed to post the pic, as Robert's shot absolutely takes the cake today!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Belle de Jour

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Liz and Karen, those are all gorgeous blooms. I really like the Mini Ballerina. Karen, "Cool It" is her name. She came from Matt Martindale.

And my prettiest bloom for today is Black Dragon...

Have a great evening,

karen

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Another Martindale beauty, wow! Do you think they're still selling, or do you guys know if they're sold out for the season?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

They've still got some stuff--I just emailed them last weekend about a couple I was interested in, they were out of two of them but the other 3 that I wanted will be ready to ship in a couple weeks (Black Dragon's one of the ones I'm getting...I'm so excited, I've been looking everywhere for it and everyone's been out of stock!)

I love Belle de Jour too, that one's really pretty!

Liz, you are gonna love Black Dragon!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I can't wait to get it, I've been drooling over everyone else's pics of it for months! Well, I've been drooling over a lot of things, but that one especially! It's going to be a couple weeks before it's ready to ship though so I guess I'll have to be patient for a little while longer.

I'd really like to order at least a Wallflower & Black Voodoo from them :-)

So many hibiscus, so little money, lol!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I know the feeling! I just find them so hard to resist though!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.