NC Round up/ Sept . the 8th.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

September the 8th.

How does visit to Plants Delight then pot luck lunch sound

There is a park close by and I will see if we can get a arbor and meet there for lunch.

Lavina

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Lavina Mae, you rock! I'll have to make sure I'm there ;)

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

That sounds great!

Raleigh, NC

Hey, that sounds great! Always love a trip to Plant Delights!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

We have a deck reserved at PDN for the morning! Sounds like fun!!
Bev

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

And lunch/swap at Lake Benson Park.
If you have no plants to swap come anyway meet friends and eat.LOL

Lavina

Crossville, TN

OK I have it posted in the Round Ups at a Glance Forum...just one question....what does the AM stand for??....Dummie Jo

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/557555/

Crossville, TN

I also posted your RU in the Tidewater RU thread....Jo

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/752208/

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

road~ thanks for the link, but I think we are doing 2 separate events! This thread is for people who would like to come to Raleigh/Garner NC for a trip to Plant Delights Nursery on Sept 8. Followed by a Round Up at Lake Benson Park in Garner a few miles from PDN.

The link for our sign up thread is http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/755450/

BTW, we'd love to have any of you come back over this way for PDN...We have a deck reserved at the gardens in the morning and a shelter reserved for lunch and plant swapping! Link up and let Lavina know if you are coming:-)))

Thanks,
Bev

This message was edited Aug 2, 2007 5:26 PM

Crossville, TN

Bev....Lavania wanted to invite those that are attending the one in Norfolk on Aug. 30th....to come attend this one on Sept. 8th.

All of you are welcome to come to Norfolk too! Jo

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Jo!

Owww, my wallet is hurting just thinking about all this;-)) It may not recover...this'll be my 4th trip to PDN this year!!
I'd love to come to Norfolk, but I think I'm already overscheduling myself...DD is starting college, I'm back at work (elementary school) and now the PDN/RU thing...Whew!

Bev

Charlotte, NC(Zone 8a)

I am new to the area and have no plants to share. I could only bring enough to fill my trunk when I moved from Ohio. The moving van fellows said they would absolutely not put any in the van because it was too hot. My house here in Charlotte has no flowers, no trees, but has 4 ugly round Boxwoods. Could I bring gardening books to share or possibly Garden Art in place of plants? Also are any children coming to this? I have a 12 year old grandaughter that might be coming.

Karin

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Karin, I like yard art, and might bring my 6 year old if she wants to go. I imagine I will have some leftovers, at the very least I have lots of regular elephant ears...lol

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Karin,
You are more than welcome to come and bring whatever you can...I would personally be happy to share some things with you to get your new gardens started! And you may certainly bring your granddaughter, we'd love to have her!
Click on the link above and sign up so we can add you to the list!
Welcome to NC! My parents still live in Mooresville where I grew up so I'm from that area.

Hope to meet you at the RU!
Bev

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

This is the first of these events I have been to. How many plants do people usually bring? Will someone be coordinating the potluck lunch? I am looking forward to meeting some of the people from Daves Garden.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pinkpoodlegirl-

I have only been to one Roundup, and it seemed like people brought what they were comfortable with in terms of plants.

LavinaMae, tggfisk, would you like for me to start a special trades page in Roundups?...course I don't know what all I'll have...lol

I was going to look up the park for directions but wasn't sure if I should look up Wake Co. Parks & Rec. or if Garner was in another county.

And no tggfisk, not looking for a job...lol

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

It would be fun to go to a Roundup. I never have before and I've also always wanted to go to PDN. I'll have to see if I'm stuck doing something else that weekend. Hope not!
Deb

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Deb, if you have something else planned it is so worth it to change those plans and meet some of these wonderful people.

I flew across country on the red eye, drove for 3 hours to meet them and if I could afford it I would do it again.

You won't be disappointed......

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Deb

If there is anyway we could meet and share driving and expenses it would be great.Maybe somewhere on I 95?

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Downscale: That'd be good. I have to check my calendar at work.
Deb

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

And if I can get a little time ladys I may show up and hand out some of my crafts also. My plants and me are fighting cause its so hot. But I have a bunch I'm taking to the round up.
GRRRRRRR

Lavina

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, Lavina, should we start to list our tades on the roundup page, or would you like me to start a new thread on roundups for trading? I'm blonde so I might forget if I don't go ahead and write somethng down...lol

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Bev has come up with 2 or 3 ideas and since I've never done this before that sounds great. That way we will know what people are bringing.
Sure you can post it.
I'm getting excited .
Just hope the heat hurrys up and goes away.

Lavina

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Here's the tradelist page: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/759910/

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

If I can make it (surgery now on the 20th), can I just come over to meet people?

Love the site, the people and have found that in with traveling to many places the topography is less important than the people which reside there.

Been a lot of places, been and seen much, and met many, people. Have felt privileged to enjoy this life. But, on the other hand there are many places & people I have not had the pleasure to know yet.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Dyson, I'd have a hard time picturing anyone having a problem with that. Folks have been so friendly over here. Plus, I'd like to meet any man that tolerates gabbing enough to post on the Best/Worst thread :)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Best/Worst? That ain't gabbing - you gotta meet the wife! I once tracked her cell phone use (will not do that again).

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

....oooooohh....don't mention it, I might get into trouble there, I actually just posted to your comment over there. :)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Of course, Dyson...We'd love to have you!
Bev

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

If I can get there, will be.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

We'll hope that you can join us...Love to meet you:-)

Crossville, TN

Anyone going to be up in the Tidewater area on Aug 30th....you're very welcome to join us. Dyson...See ya there? Jo

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/752208/

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Jo I would love to, but I do not think I will make it, however I have some sisters, and ex-wives, in that area (ain't it neat how you have an excuse to connect with old contacts).

I will try to e-mail them if their address & phone # is still is still valid.

Wish I could get there. Melody (wife #1) is a good lady have loved her her for a long time and still do (will always) to the dismay of the current wife. And while she maintains contact with her her exes because of her children she does not see this as a valid reason for my doing so.

My mother keeps closer contact with her than I do (the grand-children). There is much to be learned there, and here.

I will try to get my sisters to show up, may or not work, they have a schedule to work around, and i have to respect that.

Crossville, TN

Dyson...I'll be thinking of you! Then I plan to go on to WV and to the FAmily Reunion thre...then on to the KY RU!! What fun. Jo

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, I wish I could join in the Roundup, but I'm off to Colorado and Wyoming to visit Family Sept 5-15. Right now, I'm in Chesapeake, VA, stuck in an empty boat yard (out of the water) waiting for boat parts. Hope I get home in time to leave again! Have fun at the Roundup!
Entlie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
Chesapeake, VA, stuck in an empty boat yard
if the berth would talk the tale would be tall... or at least long.

Crossville, TN

IF the boat parts don't get there by Aug 30th...come join us for our Tidewater RU! Jo

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hey you all wish I had checked Round ups for aug. I could've made it earlier but DH has signed me up for helping with a poker run at the coast.

Hope to see all of you on Sept. 8th.

I will be at the coast from Friday till Monday so you all have a great week end.

Lavina

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Ooh. The Tidewater RU sounds good, although I really hope to be headed at home by then. Have fun at both!
Entlie

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Dyson, You betcha.
Entlie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.