How many Raspberries do you have?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

While I was picking a basket of my humungous raspberry crop a few days ago I got to thinking that I have a number of perennials named Raspberry something.

Peony Raspberry Sundae
Peony Raspberry Ice
Pulmonaria Raspberry Splash
Verbascum Raspberry Ripple
Monarda Raspberry Wine

Think I have a theme going here!
Got some more suggestions?

This is Peony Raspberry Sundae

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I have an echinacea Rasberry Tart and a dahlia(not a perennial )Rasberry Punch. That's it.

Traverse City, MI(Zone 6a)

I planter a few Raspberries and Cream dianthus this year, the nursery I bought them from isn't always real reliable with the names, but the flowers are a lovely raspberry and white color. They are short, so maybe in an edging they would be nice. I won't know until next year if they are a good perennial for our cooler zones.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I've got Echinacea Raspberry Tart and Heuchera Raspberry Ice

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

I have Monarda Raspberry Wine.
Have on order Echinacea Raspberry Tart.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Guess I better look for that Echinacea and Heuchera!

Interesting eating at my house!

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 8:26 PM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

High Country Gardens in Santa Fe NM sells a Salvia 'Raspberry Delight', too, but they say it's only hardy to Z6

I'm pretty happy with both of my "raspberries" :) Both are new this year and doing pretty well. I mail-ordered the Heuchera and it didn't look too good for quite a while, but it's now recovered and is growing nicely.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I have a raspberry sundae peony that's it.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

That Peony is blissful.

I can add lilies Raspberry on Whip, Raspberry Butterflies, Raspberry & Cream, Raspberry Ice.

Also Iris Raspberry Jam, Nigerian Raspberry, Raspberry Blush.

Inanda

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

ooh, those lilies sound pretty! Do you have any pictures?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Guess I better add an Iris and a Lily too!

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

inanda - I can't wait to see the peony. I hear it is beautiful!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Raspberry on Whip is a Fellner hybrid. Probably found on http://www.plantlilies.com

Raspberry Butterflies is from Judith Freeman. You could probably find at http://www.thelilygarden.com

You could also look ath http://www.lilynook.mb.ca They have a great lily gallery.

The others I've had for so long, cannot remember where they came from.

Ditto with the iris. have had them for years. No pix.

If you want wonderful pink/red/whiteish lilies, get some Fred Fellner seedlings from plantlilies. The best ones are gradually being registered.

inanda
I don't take as many pix as other people. Mainly because when I download them I lose them somewhere in my computer. Problem is, too many of my pix are still named as jbg number so when I download new pix, they want to remove existing pix.
So I tend to get a CD made of everything on my camera, when it is full. Have to sort into folders.

Maybe this winter I'll sort out my pix.

inanda

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Carol,

Think that Nigerian Raspberry is a Brad Kasperak, probably about 10 years old. Will have to check the registry for them.

N. Raspberry - Kasperek 1994
Raspberry Jam Niswonger 1980
Raspberry Blush L. Hamlen 1975

There you go

inanda They are all quite beautiful.

This message was edited Aug 4, 2007 7:53 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Maybe I should put them all together in a Raspberry Bed!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Good plan Carol.

I scored yesterday. Was lucky enough to find bags of alfalfa rabbit pellets WITHOUT CORN. Pellets are so much easier to work with than horse cubes. Most rabbit pellets seem to include corn(growth inhibitor so you def. don't want them in your beds)

inanda

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Interesting when one starts to search:

Ginny I also found Iris Raspberry Wine, Raspberry Jewellry and Razzberry Rita. and a daylily R. Ice Cream.

This could get to be quite an obsession!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Well, wouldn't mind knowing where you think you'll plant them. Maybe in the front garden. No room for your new tree then. Maybe dig up some grass there (in the front). Either that or cancel plans for your veggie garden entry next year. lol Park somewhere else perhaps? Make friends with new neighbours. How is the building of new house next door coming along by the way. Is it finished yet?

inanda

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LOL Ginny!
I could remove the plants in the front bed along the north side ( next to the new house) ! Shady in the morning but sunny the rest of the day. If I had thought about it sooner could have used the area around the new tree but the Peony is over on the north side.

The house is very slow. Trades hard to get here there is so much building going on and sometimes nobody is working there for 4-5 days at a time. However they have filled in around the foundation and the city dug up the road this week and did the water and sewer connections so they should be able to finish filling in and then the security fence can come down. My willow tree was trimmed back last week.
Real estate agent was there putting up a big sign this afternoon and she wanted to see my garden so I asked her the price. $769,000.00! Each side Remember this is a duplex! Hope it is pretty spiffy inside! She said she would give me a tour when the dry wall stage was finished!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.