Rain!!! Rain!!! Rain!!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Finally rained. 3/4 of an inch in 2 hours according to my rain gauge! My poor front lawn was on its last legs. I decided not to water it when it started going brown so it would match my neighbors lawns and not look so out of place on the block. I hope this was enough to bring it back from the brink.

X

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Lots of thunder here, but only a sprinkle. Hoping for more. Seems it's been raining in a circle around my house...all around, but not here;-(

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

We got back to back rainy days, nice. Last night we got something like 2 inches. I know the crowd up by Charelston got some serious rain last night. To bad it wasn't spread out over 24 hrs or so.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

X: I was practically jumping up and down when it started raining last night. It was weird the way it was raining in Charleston on the weekend but not up our way. Mr. Froggie's gauge says 1 and 1/8" !!

Tgg: know how you feel. I do wish we'd just all get some "normal" amounts of rain for a while.

Deb

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I was away from Sat. morning until last evening and my 5 1/2" rain gauge was overflowing. As we came home we could see a storm in our neighborhood but everything was dry until we turned onto our street where it was coming down by bucketfuls.

Johns Island, SC

We were downtown in Charleston for an early dinner last night with some friends. Had no idea it was supposed to rain. Rain started with cocktails, and came down relentlessly through the entire meal. I boldly predicted the rain would stop when we finished our meal, and it did---right on cue! But the damage was done. I forgot why I never go "downtown" when it's raining, but I was quickly reminded. The parking lot of Fleet Landing was under 4" of water. We had to take off our shoes just to get to the car. Then float up to East Bay Street to get out of the water! But at least it had stopped raining...until we crossed the Ashley...it was still pouring over there, and all the way home. We got over 3" at my place, which we desperately needed. Just not all at once! Most of it ran off... But some of it took, so I'm not complaining...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.